1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Senate hearing on gun violence 8:00aM today?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Rick Barker, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Supposed be be a hearing on gun violence around 8:AM.

Fox News is going to carry some of it, but might to tune in to C-Span.

2. Rick Barker

Senator Frankenstein is realllyyyyy unhappy with the slide stock.

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Put a wig on that cop and you have Feinstein II.

Jerbear

4. Rick Barker

He is not ugly enough.

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

The anti-gun folks are getting blown away by the facts and truth the pro-gun congress has put before them.

Wayne

6. Rick Barker

The mental health issue is going to be the biggest obstacle in all of this dicussion, and I think those who will scream the loudest will be the ACLU and the Supreme Court over a database of people who have mental illness. I believe people like Feinstein understand this and will forever go after guns because it is easier. Nobody is talking about video games.

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Jerbear

8. Rick Barker

Did you not find it fascinating how incredulous Dick Durbin was and saying more laws are needed to prevent gun violence when is repesents the State of Illinois that has more gun laws than the majority of other States and also has an extemely high gun violence rate?

It seems stupid he would even speak at this hearing.

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

When the police chief from Baltimore was asked if background checks and stiffer gun laws would curb gun violence, he said yes.....The Senator from Texas pull out a chart showing gun violence has more than doubled in the last 10 years when large cities implement stricter gun laws....The police chief's answer was they need to do a better job prosecuting those with unlawful guns.

No shit Sherlock, thats what the NRA has been saying for over 30 years. Even the majority of Democrats agreed the prosecution of gun law violations has failed.

The Senate hearings will be re-broadcast at 8:00 pm on C-SPAN tonight.

I can't believe how much money Dick Durbin makes, and he is out of touch in the real world.

Wayne

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rick,

Does the Slide-Stock in affect turn a gun into an automatic weapon, even though the position of the bolt is not creating the automatic firing sequence? If the action that is created to fire automatically is still created by your finger being fully suppressed on the trigger-guard, so to speak, and not firing with each independent pull, is it not the same reason for why it should fall under the same catagory?

To all,

Is it possible that gun violence may have escalated, even more without the gun laws? Maybe those gun laws where not effective, as you state. Does that mean that any new gun laws, providing they remain Constitutional, should not be implemented, if they would in fact restrict access to guns? If these laws that where passed, did in fact curb the crime numbers, even though gun crimes may have increased, how would we know? Do we provide a questionnaire to would be criminals?

See the problem here. Providing numbers and statements, that are not completely know of the complete facts, really do not mean anything, other then supporting your point of view.

11. pulllit

pulllit Member

Senate hearing today on gun violence. The following is from Yahoo news fact check about the Durbin exchange with Wayne on the 2nd Amendment.

<i>WAYNE LaPIERRE, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association: "I think without any doubt, if you look at why our Founding Fathers put it (the Second Amendment) there, they had lived under the tyranny of King George and they wanted to make sure that these free people in this new country would never be subjugated again and have to live under tyranny. I also think, though, that what people all over the country fear today is being abandoned by their government. If a tornado hits, if a hurricane hits, if a riot occurs, that they're gonna be out there alone. And the only way they're going to protect themselves in the cold and the dark, when they're vulnerable, is with a firearm. And I think that indicates how relevant and essential the Second Amendment is in today's society to fundamental human survival."

SEN. DICK DURBIN, Illinois Democrat: "Well, Chief Johnson, you've heard it. The belief of NRA is, the Second Amendment has to give American citizens the firepower to fight back against you, against our government."

THE FACTS: Durbin mischaracterized LaPierre's statement in this exchange, which also involved James Johnson, Baltimore (Md.) County police chief.

LaPierre drew a distinction between what he saw as the original purpose of the Second Amendment and a contemporary fear that the government will abandon citizens, so that they must be able to protect themselves against criminals after a disaster. His statement was not a call to arms against the government.</i>

Durbin never fails to amaze me. How the sheeple in Chicago keep putting this so called "Senator" back in power is unbelievable, as was his performance today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.