1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sen. Scott Brown says photo not authentic

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by TOOLMAKER 251, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

It's being reported on Fox 25 that Sen. Scott Brown stated the photo that he and other people seen of Bin Laden is not authentic. I hope this does not lead to more bullshit coming out if Washington. I would like to believe that he was shot and killed as reported.

2. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Beings as you're posting what he stated then I can already say it has. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

3. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

does anything BUT bull ever come out of washington?

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Toolmaker you have this all wrong again- wasnt it you that couldnt read a birth certificate

Apparently Brown was surfing the internet and came upon some fake pictures-

Here is what is happening now

"
    US Senator Scott Brown is retracting statements he made earlier today, when he told several news outlets that he had seen photos of Osama bin Laden’s dead body as part of an official briefing.

Brown made that assertion in an interview with NECN today to bolster his argument that the photos should not be released to the public.

“Let me assure you that he is dead, that bin Laden is dead,” Brown said. “I have seen the photos and, in fact, we’ve received the briefing and we’ll continue to get the briefings.”

Brown echoed the sentiment in a separate interview with Fox-25 TV.

“Listen, I've seen the picture," Brown said. “He’s definitely dead. And if there’s any conspiracy theories out there, you should put them to rest.”

He added that the photos were bloody and could enflame jihadists. “Anytime you have somebody who’s shot, certainly, it is gruesome,” he said.

Shortly after the interviews, Brown’s office sought to correct the senator’s statements.

NECN posted a statement on its website, saying, “Senator Brown's office tells NECN this afternoon that the bin Laden photos the Senator mentions seeing about 2 minutes into the clip here were not authentic."

Fox 25 posted an update on its website, saying Brown had told the station that, “the photo that I saw and that a lot of other people saw is not authentic.”

Brown's office is declining to explain who showed him the fake photos, why he would believe photos that didn't come directly from the administration, and why he had suggested he had seen them as part of an official briefing. Instead, Brown's office responded by releasing a one-sentence statement.

"The photo that I saw and that a lot of other people saw is not authentic," the senator said in the statement.

Several doctored photos purporting to show bin Laden’s body are circulating on the Internet."

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. IM390

IM390 Member

The real answer is jobs are down in April and the white house had to say something to take interest off the employment numbers being so piss poor.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Also, remember Brown is from Mass. so the credibility factor is less than zero.

Curt

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Toolmaker.... here we go again. If you (and many others) have a computer to post a thread which includes a quote or statement on this site, try using your computer first on Fact Check or one of the many fact checking sites before you make a radical claim or quote.

blade819

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I guess in Washington, like Hollywood, there is no such thing as bad press. Making a total idiot of himself still got Scott's name in the news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.