1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Semper Fi, The REAL Americans

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

We have gotten a good look at the underbelly of American youth this past election following their new "messiah".

However, thank God for young Americans like the one below and his brothers in arms. Link to the full story, it is well worth the read.

November 18, 2008
    Marine Corps News|by Cpl. James M. Mercure

Military.com

FARAH PROVINCE, Afghanistan — In the city of Shewan, approximately 250 insurgents ambushed 30 Marines and paid a heavy price for it.

"During the battle, the designated marksman single handedly thwarted a company-sized enemy RPG and machinegun ambush by reportedly killing 20 enemy fighters with his devastatingly accurate precision fire. He selflessly exposed himself time and again to intense enemy fire during a critical point in the eight-hour battle for Shewan in order to kill any enemy combatants who attempted to engage or maneuver on the Marines in the kill zone. What made his actions even more impressive was the fact that he didn’t miss any shots, despite the enemies’ rounds impacting within a foot of his fighting position.

“I was in my own little world,” the young corporal said. “I wasn’t even aware of a lot of the rounds impacting near my position, because I was concentrating so hard on making sure my rounds were on target.”"

2. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Very good point let our soldiers due what they have been trained to do and their will be less trouble/Americian causalties.

Of the troops for the troops! USARMY MP CORPS RET.

3. Denver New Guy

Denver New Guy TS Member

It is very encouraging to see that patriotism lives in the hearts of the core group of America's youth! My son has been the Corp for 2 1/2 years now and it was interesting when he went to sign up. The Army would give him $14,000 bonus and take him the day after he graduated from high school. The Marine Corp offered no bonus and could not take him until August! He chose the Marine Corp for the sense of pride it instills. It was the largest graduating class from boot camp in peace time history! He has served one tour in Iraq and is headed for Afghanistan in January. I am very proud of him and all of the fine young men he serves with!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.