1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Seminole Choke Tube Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mflora, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mflora

mflora Member

Seminole apparently out of business. Do the seminole CTs have unique threads or do they interchange w/someone else's CTs? Briley can always duplicate but at big cost.
    Thanks
    Mark

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Proprietary.

3. MR870

MR870 Member

The Mitchells are going through a messy divorce I heard,that's why Seminole is down right now.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Seminole tubes are bored to fit the larger bore Seminole Bbls and will not interchange with factory tubes,

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. andybull

andybull Active Member

It depends, if the tube was made for a factory bore and threads, then yes.

6. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I wish they could get back in business. I loved their tubes. Good people to deal with too.....

7. shrek

shrek Active Member

I am hoping for the best for them to be able to open shop again too.

I like their choke tubes as well.

8. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

As Andy said, the vast majority of Seminole chokes were factory replacement chokes made to fit factory thread patterns and factory bore diameters. Seminole was one of the pioneers in fitting back bored Beretta 303 barrels to Beretta 390s for those of us that hated the step rib 390 factory barrels that were originally used by Beretta. Ballistic Specialties (Angle Port) was the other main company involved in this activity. Both companies specialized in "package" deals where they sold guns that had the barrels backbored, ported and forcing cones done, as well as action jobs, etc.

I had a Phil Hughes barreled Seminole 390/303 that I shot in Sporting for many years that was painted and I wish I still had it for sentimental reasons. It had the SG-2 long black oxide chokes and Phil polished the tips to a bright finish that looked really cool. This has to be one of the longest running divorces in history and its too bad for their customers. I wonder what has happened to Cathy, Shereen and the crew there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
replacement for seminole choke tubes
semenolechokes

seminole choke company

seminole choke tubes