1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SEMINOLE CHAMBERMATES QUESTION[S] HELP!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WWB, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWB

WWB Member

I have a complete set. Read where it was advised to use pipe tape to help make the O rings last a bit longer. Suppose this will sound dumb but--Do you put the tape around the o ring? Or, around the groves? When I tried the tubes went in so hard I just knew it'd be a b**** getting them out and it was, but they were clean. I had put it around the grooves. I am using them in a Browning XT Skeet.
    Thank you for any help any of you may give.
    Bill

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

Put it over the o ring if you think its necessary, and also "dab" the lube on,don't smear it on, they make o-rings in small,large and extra large and it does make a difference on which ones you use. i only bought the 12 to 20 gauge set but i am very satisfied with the way they function.

Bill

3. WWB

WWB Member

Thanx Bill--I've been smearing it on the grooves and O ring--correct? But not dabbing it on--in fact I've probably smeared it pretty thin.
    I also have enjoyed them--from initial outlay to performance--amazing how you can shoot a .410 in a 12 ga bbl and choke and just smoke a skeet target.
    Thank you
    Bill

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Unless they have drastically changed, they only offer one size o-ring for each gauge. The ones for the 20 ga are extremely thin and break very easily.

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

when my 20 gauge set was delivered last week it had samples of all 3 size o rings. the lube does go on the o ring.

bill

6. bsekf

bsekf Member

Chambermates will come out easier when the gun is warm/hot. Take them out at the range. The tool that comes with them is really high tech, I use a 1/4 drive socket that is the right size to go down the barrel and hit the rim of the Chambermate, using a cleaning rod in the socket I can tap it out.

Bill

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I think for what they cost, there up front info on what to expect they are the best short money gauge reducer out there. I only got one size o ring with mine. I got a lot of o rings though. I find as above to remove as soon as you fire your last shot for the day. Also I find the grease they provide to work very well. I have not had a problem with the chambermate working loose, only seems to happen on gun club and estate shells, o yeah the federal 4 packs at walmart do not work well. Also shell sticking is a gun to gun issue. So far my XT has the least amount of sticking problems with Federal heavy field loads 1oz 7.5s and Remington shurshot 1oz 8s. They are also cheaper than STS or AAs right after hunting season

8. nipper

nipper TS Member

1 correction, not small o ring but regular size, large, and extra large o rings

9. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I have a set for sale they fit 28 ga. barrels to fire 410. Less than 200 rounds.They work great but I bought a newe gun with Briley full length tubes and no longer use these. $175.00 shipped to lower 48. Mark

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

After I bought mine, another member follewed suite. He has a K gun. AAs stuck as did, estates,gunclub, federals. He has his best like with The Federal Heavy field loads or STS. I believe you will have to find a shell that works. For my XT, AAs STS,most remington shells all work fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.