1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Semi auto trigger pull quality

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr A C Jones, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr A C Jones

Dr A C Jones Member

The title might be an oxymoron.

I just bought a Benelli Comfort. It has much to commend it. Adjustable LOP using plug-in/out recoil pads, padded and again swappable for height comb, light recoil (c/w O/U), grippy grip, reliable, pattern is spot on left-right. But, but, the trigger . . .

In the fashion of "Yo momma's so fat, they had to roll her in flour to . . . " Yo trigger pull is so long, you should be on the archery range. By the time yo trigger broke, we all gone home for tea. Etc.

So, is it possible to get a semi auto to have a very good trigger pull. Something like a S&W M52 would be nice, or at least a half decent FN high-power.

Andrew.

2. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I have had several "Speed-Lock" triggers in 1100, 1187 & 300 series Berettas which were almost as good as any of the expensive closed breach guns. Check with several of the noted trigger smiths, I'm sure they can vastly improve your factory trigger.

3. Dr A C Jones

Dr A C Jones Member

John, Is that "Speed-Lock" made by Dayton Traister Inc?

Andrew.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Rich Cole did my 391...Fantastic....... and there was a Remington triggersmith here who did my 1100's and 58's..also fantastic.... Be sure you get the RIGHT triggersmith for your trigger.. They know the tricks..

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I have a Browning Gold Sporting Clays that had a trigger job. End result is 3.5 lbs very crisp trigger pull. jm

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with a Benelli Comfort, but if it has a hammer notch and a trigger sear, then things can be improved. For safety reasons manufacturers leave an extra amount of sear engagement in addition to a heavy trigger spring inorder reduce the chance for an accidental discharge. Believe me it is not mission impossible, you just have to find a gunsmith who can work his magic. HMB

7. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

I'd ask Phillip Crenwelge (Phillips-Gunsmithing.com) his opinion. He'll either make it perfect, tell you who can, or tell you if it can't be done. Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.