1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling vehicles on Ebay

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BAMA, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAMA

BAMA TS Member

Since I've decided to sell my 5th wheel, it occured to me why do I need a 3/4 ton Diesel? So my wife suggested that I sell both as a package. Am wondering if anyone on TS.Com has sold a vehicle on Ebay. What are the pit falls or advantages? Just in case anyone is interested here, the 5th wheel is a 04 32' Four Winds triple slide and the truck is a 04 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with 62k miles. Both are in great shape. I'll make someone a great deal, I just want to move these and go get something smaller. If interested just drop me a email at the above address. BTW, both have clear titles.

Don Myers

2. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

We have sold several motorcycles on Ebay........but not a car at this point. I have a friend who has sold several cars for people and bought a vehicle on ebay. Mostly it opens you up to buyers nation wide. Really for the exposure it is relatively cheap to do. We have had very good luck with the motorcycles. One thing I will suggest, if you have a price in mind and would not sell it for less..........put a reserve on it. BUT put your reserve amount in your listing information. Many times a reserve causes people not to bid, not wanting to waste their time on something they will never own. Also, I would think of listing them seperately, but be sure and mention each in the other listing. for instance,' be sure and see my listing for the 3/4 ton diesel you need to pull this great trailer! something like that. etc.

Don, if you have any questions or If I can help, just let me know. I have been selling on ebay for several years and will help if I can :eek:)

Lorna Hull

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

I have bought and sold on e-bay almost from their start-up, if you sell with a warranty be very very very very specific to what it includes and does not include and make sure it is in the description on the auction page.

Bill

4. warren

warren Member

I'm thinking of doing the same thing, just how much does it cost to list a trailer on ebay.

warren

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Craigslist is free, works well

6. yenko

yenko TS Member

i always check to see if people are bidding on similar items before i place an ad that way you see what they are selling or not selling for.craigs list is free you might want to try it as well.good luck.

7. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Craigs list is owned in part by ebay as well. To check cost to list on ebay you can go thru their 'help' area and see all of the fees for listing at different prices and their final value fees. We have always had a deposit put to us thru paypal, unless they are local people and are picking up right away. Then we have done cash, however, I just had a power seller tell me if they pick up at your home, have a way to make a copy of their drivers license at that time, or have them bring you a copy of their drivers license. Proof for you that they picked up the item. I have also had them sign a 'bill of sale' for me that it was as I listed it and they were satisfied.

Ebay is changing in May and buyers will be the only ones who will be leaving feedback for sellers. Just thought you might want to know that as well. I have spoken to several power sellers and no one is very happy about these changes. May change the face of ebay forever. Have to see how that works out.

Good luck!

Lorna

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Don,

EBay, RacingJunk.com, Craigslist,Amazon.com, and others give a lot of people a chance to see what you are selling and is not much different than running an ad in a local paper except you get nationwide exposure ... I sold my Bus to a guy from Green Bay, Wisconsin from an ad and he came to Phoenix to drive it home ... Cost is minimal for the exposure you get ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.