1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling on TC free?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bernie K, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

David has set up a great site and I have been on here from day one.

Up in the right hand corner of the site are advertisers that pay to have there products viewed, wed site, phone number and alike. I know this is a site for us to trade on and sell things but I see some people that use this site like a business. Would it not be good if those that use this site to sell anything would give a small percentage say 4 or 5% to keep the site up and running? Where else can you get as much coverage to sell something for free?

I know there will be those that will bring down this idea but it's not free to do anything, somewhere there is a price to be paid for eveything. Bernie

2. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Barnie,

Strongly agree...

Jon Reitz

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

The folks who pay to sell here are in the business to make more than 4 or 5%. When the rank and file sell here, they break even, may lose a little, but seldom make 4 or 5% profit.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is no rule or law that says individuals cannot donate to help with the cost of keeping this site up and running ... David appreciates the help, that I can tell you for sure as I always get a really nice Thankyou note from him in my E Mail ... The vendors should pony up, and those that can who are not vendors should try to help a little bit also ... If its a burden on anyone then its not expected, so thats not a problem ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

"Displaying 10 Randomly Selected Listings out of 53" is available on this site.

If all buy/sell items were listed in the commercial catagory the seller could pay afee for listing and it would clear-up all the buyer/sellor static on the discussion page.

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Don't try to fix something thats not broke!

Thats what the government does and you see where that gets us!!

if you want to donate, do that on your own behalf, If you have a need to give a percentage of your sale, go to those site and post! ie. gunbroker, gunsamerica, ebay, etc

Don't forget to put one of your credit cards on line also, you'll need that just to send a email. Need I mention the word Hackers.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

If David has an issue with it, he can contact them.

8. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I understand you point, and I agreed to certain extend.

The name of this site is Trapshooters.com, that cater to trapshooters, not only the sport. Many members on this site are looking to buy and sell, that's equally important as discussing trapshooting to them.

Finding interesting, sometimes bargain buys on this site gives some people more motivation to log on everyday. The number of constant log on members are the number one factor to keep a site running successfully, growing, and attracts sponsors.

The circulation of a magazine and paper is the sole reason of it's existence.

Keep it interesting and user friendly on a web site will make it grow. TS.com is certainly user friendly, has less restrictions, let's keep it even more interesting.

9. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I agree I see names over and over selling BUT on the other hand they are not the big company advertiseing and donations would be nice but as a thank you not mandatory because then they would have to hire people to watch the site constantly and monitor PMs. KINDA LIKE EBay

Jerry Lewis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.