1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling on T/S.com.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I just bought a stock for my K gun and my wife came up with an idea which I thought was very fair. Since we pay a percentage to gunbroker when we sell there, she thinks it would only be fair to make a $10 contribution to this site. What do you think? Mike

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

buyer seller or both, Im for both.

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

And just why should the buyer pay a commission?! Tom Rhoads

4. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, you may be right! Someone has to pay the moderators' salaries! Tom Rhoads

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Tom so far I have saved on every purchase I made here on TS.com. From choke tubes to stocks, Also have been gifted several items. Sold a few too. So yes maybe buyers and sellers choose to donate appropriate funds they see fit.

6. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Donations are just that, donations. If someone wants to donate than that's their choice. If it's mandatory than it's not exactly a donation is it?

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Didn't say mandatory. Voluntary. If you buy and sell, and make or save,it's only fair. If you sold on gunbroker or any other auction site you would have to pay a percentage of the sale.Voluntary, helps support the site we are all using. Mike

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

mengwe, there are many of us who have been here for years, some from the beginning that started contributing annually to the owner of this forum whether we sold or bought items. I'm sure most of those of whom I speak still do that even though David has said it was unnecessary. It seems to me that is still the way to handle what you are suggesting. Heck, $4 or $5 a month is nothing for a fee to enjoy this site and that would be a $50 or $60 contribution once a year.....Bob Dodd

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Bob Dodd, I came here in Aug. last year read a post of yours (I think it was yours) about donations and my wife had a check in the mail the next day. I still would not have a problem making a donation if I bought, or sold, and had a favorable transaction. That is what I intend to do.Mike.

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Sounds good to me Mike!....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.