1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling on Gunbroker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I have a K80 that I will be trying to sell shortly. Thought I might list on Gunbroker.com.. I have a sign on name and password. When I went to the "sellers" information to log on it asked for responses to a couple of financial questions about where/when I had borrowed money. The multiple choice responses I provided were apparently rejected and now I am being asked to fax a copy of my drivers license and a copy of a recent utility bill. Anyone had a similar experience ? I'm not real comfortable with this

Thanks in advance

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

You have a PM

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've bought and sold numerous items on GB and never had to provide such information.

Ed

4. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

amboy,
    They are trying to verify your identity, that's all.

Regards,
    Chip

5. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

Are you planning on paying your fees with a credit card? If so, that's all they ask for, then they charge and refund $1.00 to check the process. I've never heard of utility bills, etc., being asked for. Make sure you are on the real gunbroker site and not a phishing site!

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

"financial questions about where/when I had borrowed money"

say what!!! that does not sound legit to me. are 100% sure that you are on the real gunbroker.com website? sounds awful lot like phishing to me.

7. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Tinylo,
    He didn't say utility bills, he said financial questions. I have had to provide this data a number of times. They ask multiple choice questions like...

Your most recent auto loan was on what vehicle?
    A. 2009 Acura
    B. 2008 Toyota

They also ask multiple choice questions asking you things like, pick the correct amount of your mortgage payment to ABC bank.

They don't ask you to provide any information, they already have it. They just want you to identify the correct information in multiple choice format to verify it to ascertain identity. It's becoming more and more common.

Regards,
    Chip

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Post it on here "For Sale". We don't want to see your utility bills nor do we care if you have any. Of course if i could afford to buy your K80, i'd already have one in the safe.

9. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

The only way to get that info is to run a credit report. Since when is Gunbroker running people's credit report? And more importantly, are you guys providing your SSN for them to run it?

10. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

If you don't sell it here you might want to try Guns International first. They only charge a listing fee which is a $9 with multiple photos. On Gun Broker you pay a "final value fee" which, on a $7,000 item for example, would be over $100.

11. Wildcat Lewis

Wildcat Lewis Member

Amboy49

Put it on the for sale threads on this site and it will sell just as well as anywhere else if priced reasonably. Think about it. If your looking to make a multi thousand dollar shotgun purchase I would hate to think you wouldn't check here before buying anyway. The site users are an excellent if not the best for high end gun market. Use PMs then phone contacts to avoid scams and headaches.

My two cents worth..............Lewis LaRoche, Sr.

12. Wildcat Lewis

Wildcat Lewis Member

Amboy

Forgot to mention google searches will locate most for sale postings on this
    site also.

Lewis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.