1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

selling of Indiana gun cub

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by il shooter, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. il shooter

il shooter Member

what the story on indiana gun club

2. harleyhog

harleyhog TS Member

Earl did not die. Earl is coming back

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Good ... cause he has one hilarious television show, his brother is really a hoot!

4. rwm12

rwm12 Member

? ? ? ?

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Jamie Pressly and Nadine Velozquez are the funny ones on the show and, not too bad to look at either.

6. Blueeyesnirish

Blueeyesnirish TS Member

Hasn't the sale of the IN home ground been in the works for a couple of years now? Is there some new news?

Encroachment failed, but the taxes seem to force this issue.

7. llano bill

llano bill Member

I think harleyhog is speaking of earl scripture. As to the club real estate, it sits on the north shore of giest reservoir, the most expensive re in Indiana. It neighbors million dollar properties! It is only a matter of time I’m afraid.

8. il shooter

il shooter Member

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Yes, this is the majorly "uppity" part of Indy. They increased the property taxes 500% a year or so back. The club (which is owned by the ITA) got theirs abated back to "only" about a 200~300% increase, but still, it's a sucky deal.

From what I understand, ITA will be broke in 5 years just from the property taxes alone.

But if they sell to developers, the land would be enough for a butt-load of uppity homes, and the ITA could pocket enough to buy land elsewhere.

10. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

does anyone know if the indianagun club answers there inquiries on guns that are on their website. i have emailed requesting info on 2 different guns & have received no responses. thanks dwain

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

Trading Indiana Gun Club for Frontier would be stoopid, financially.

Trade a big piece of land adjacent to million dollar homes, in exchange for $1,500/acre farmland? Can you say, "fiduciary responsibility?"

You gotta be kidding me. Shooters in Indiana better "clean house" if that ever comes to pass, because that's a one-sided sweetheart deal if I ever saw one.

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Before all you financial wizards get carried away you had better be able to calculate "clean up" from trap, skeet and sporting.

Don

13. RandyC.

RandyC. TS Member

Big Don,You hit the nail on the head.

Buzz,It takes several hundred thousand dollars for a real estimate of the clean up and several million to do it. Then,after taking the so called left over millions and buying $5500 an acre farm ground( there is no more $1500 farm ground anywhere in central In.) and spend 2 or 3 years getting permits,variances and special exceptions and more millions building a gun club that is anything close to the size of In. Gun Club or Frontier,and then have it shut down 1 year after opening because the new club does not fall under the Grandfather clause,what do the Directors say to the shooters and club owners about fiduciary duty then?

You may consider the In. Directors to be (stoopid),be let me assure you they are trying to do what is best for the long term viability of the Assoc. and to make sure that shooters have a homegrounds for years to come.

Like you, I was quick to criticize the way things were done. When you are on the outside of the barrel looking in the view appears to be clear but, after getting on the board and in the barrel, I soon found the view is very cloudy and grey and there are not to many easy decisions. There has been uncountable hours spent on relocation by Directors,Delegates and concerned shooters trying to come up with a workable and affordable plan to relocate only to have it fall apart in the end.

If you have a workable solution and care to help please contact one of the directors and go to a meeting. I assure you they will not turn down serious help and will listen to any ideas that might work.

As I am no longer on the board these are my personal opinions and this is nothing official from the In.board. Randy Clements

14. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Betcha a dollar Harleyhog was referring to Earl Toliver ATA pres 1968. Not Earl scripture. Earl T has been treas for Indiana ATA for yeeeeeaaaarrrrssss. Hope he is well. Todd

15. crusha

crusha TS Member

Question:

If "Party A" is slowly going under because of taxes, while running the property as a gun club...

...then, after the land swap, how is "Party B" going to make a go of it, running the property as a gun club?

16. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Buzz-gun (alias),

Party "B" sells guns, ammo, reloading supplies and has quite a few shooters who shoot there on a regular basis. They lease the grounds for 51 weeks a yr.

ec90t

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

Well ec, that's one of the things I considered...but, if their desire was to run a pro shop within the context of an operating club, there's nothing preventing them from doing it on the (closed) one they already own, and there would be a heck of a lot less tax burden (as opposed to plowing your profits over into an operation that the developers and lawyers clearly have their eyes on).

Before the Indianapolis Posse gets their dander up...this is absolutely nothing personal against the current operators of the place - just business. I'm wondering if the ITA has really, seriously looked into what they could get for the property, or do they just want this to "all go away" the easiest way possible?

As a second thought - is Frontier big enough to hold a State Shoot the size of Indiana's? Just wondering.

18. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The ground is unsellable in its current condition and would cost a lot more to clean up than what it's worth. As for the swap,I don't think that a single thing would change up at Indiana other than the deed would have a different name.

As far as the swap itself, I would say that both parties would benefit. The ITA would still have a place to call there own and wouldn't be broke in 5 years. The current IGC grounds would still be there so people can shoot. As Randy stated in an earlier post, Frontier would be covered by the range protection act.

ec90t

19. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Frontier has 16 traps, at least that is how many I count from google earth but not all have walkways installed. There is enough room for a state shoot although it might be cramped. The state shoot could be run on 14 traps, 10 per, start earlier, hustle, hustle and right at the moment Frontier is the only option in Central Indiana.

20. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Doesn't matter guys... the trade idea is dead.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.