1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*** Selling my Silver Seitz 35 Adj. Rib, C.T.***

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Bob Schultz, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

After 5 years of faithful service and a bunch of great scores it's time to say goodbye to my Silver-Seitz. Just time to change I guess so someone else is going to own this fine shotgun. It has a 35" barrel with Wilkinson choke tubes (factory)(.030" & .022") The .030" will toast 27 yard targets and the singles choke works real well too. Barrel is ported and has a stick on fence to prevent cross firing. It has a factory release trigger set at 4.5lb. set and 2lb. release...nice and crisp with just a touch of travel so it's not spooky quick! The wood is from Pat McCarthy's shop and has he "Stock Lock" device. Pat went through it for me at the Grand last month and it works like new. I have a few extra parts for it along with the tools and manuals. The wood is nice and if you look closely at the picture there is a epaoxy repaired small stress crack just in front of the comb. It was there when I bought it and has not changed. The gun is a pleasure to shoot. Very soft. The #2 rib will shoot to 120% high. The original comb piece was a tad too short for me so I had another made. You get both. The original will work with a #1 rib as well. I will drop ship a new Americase for the gun or deduct $350 from the price of the gun...your call. I had it in a soft case 'cause the Americases are just too heavy to tote around.
    $10,000 delivered to your FFL dealer. Thanks for looking! Bob Schultz

Phone 800-684-6329 emails and PM's above.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

What are you going to try now Mr. Schultz?

Matt

3. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Matt,

I decided to shoot the Blaser combo. I have been shooting the O/U very well at doubles the last 3 months, (Sold my Perazzi MX2000-RS) I won some tropies at our state shoot and one at the Grand with it so it seems to have found a home...

I started shooting the unsingle after the Grand. I broke a 95 from 27 the first time out. I spent a lot of time adjusting the weights on the O/U and the Single and I am pretty close to where I want the weight and balance now. We'll see how it works at the MO Fall Handicap. I feel it warrants a season of shooting to get used to it so here goes!

I need to sell the Silver Seitz so I don't get tempted to go back to it...I'm only human too.

I'll keep you posted on the results, Matt. So far I am very pleased with the overall performance of the gun.

Bob

4. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Note, if someone wants the gun in pull trigger configuration I'll have it changed at Silver Seitz for you at no cost.

Yes, I'll have the gun at the MO Fall Handicap.

Sure, you can shoot it on the practice trap.

Trades always considered ... Bass boat, maybe? No more Harleys...nearly got killed on one and wife says I don't have enough life insurance yet...

5. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Capt Rick, The center of my pattern (POI) with the beads in a loose figure 8 is 21 inches over Point of Aim. Most guns shoot a bit higher for me than other folks. My (friend?) shooting buddy Dennis tells me I'm just cockeyed! It must be the way I look down the barrel. An out of the box 1100 or 870 shoots 70/30 for me and for most other folks shoots 60/40. (Maybe I am cockeyed!)

Good to hear from you Capt.Rick.

Bob

6. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

0   0   0

Bob,

Do you think the new Blaser combo is the same or better quality than the K-80?

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Not a fair question..

8. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

0   0   0

How is that not a fair question?

9. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

PerazziBigBore & Kgun-shooter,

It's a fair question.

I have owned a number of K-80's and K-32's over the years, I even won our state handicap one year with a KS-5. I won the state doubles with a K-80.... I have no axe to grind with Krieghoff. They make great shotguns, period.

None of the major players guns, Krieghoff, Kolar, Perazzi, Guerini, Blaser, Ljutic, Silver Seitz, or Beretta are going to wear out from use in my lifetime. Just like cars, we each have our own personal criteria for our choice. Some are based on needs, others are based on wants. Did I really need a new gun? Well, I was not entirely happy with my Perazzi for doubles, so trying a new gun seemed necessary. (To Me.) My Seitz would last me the rest of my life. But, the Blaser seemed to shoot as well or maybe a bit better at 16's and at least as good at handicap. So why not? The folks at Blaser like the ones at Caesar Guerini have done their best to help me out as one of their dealers. (I shoot a Caesar Guerini sporting clays gun...)

Why a Blaser?... I like it. Is it as "good" as a K-80? Well,for me at least, it's better. I have tried a couple of the K-80 Trap Specials and they just did not "feel" right. I can't explain exactly why.

When buying a gun, be true to yourself. Don't let the opinions of others be your guide. Leo beat our brains out for years with a trunk full of Remington 1100's. Earl Scripture and Mike Mazucchi from California shot off for the Grand doubles championships one year with 2 Beretta auto loaders that you wouldn't give $1000 for the pair! I choose guns to shoot based on their ability to make me happy...not anyone else.

Shoot well!

Bob

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Good response Bob. Check your PM.

11. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The weight on the front of the fore end can be removed and I have the parts to bring it back to standard.

Bob

12. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes, barrel is ported. Top Line did the work. Why, it had some barrel rise which I felt was annoying...porting stopped it.

Bob

13. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes, must ship to your FFL dealer...

Bob

14. mikezookie

mikezookie Member

0   0   0

Bob,

You and I have been friends for a long time but I think you have crossed the line now.

Why did you say Earl's and my guns were not worth $1000.00 together.

I want you to know after I paid $700 for a stock 390 Angleport did $500.00 in work to the barrel. So you must retract your statement because my gun cost me $1200.00. LOL

That shoot off was the most fun I've ever had in a grand shoot off. I was happy to shoot a 99 and get second. Earl was the best.

Good luck with your new gun.

Mike Mazzucchi

PS. Thanks for the extra mag for the 1022. It is a tack driver.

15. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mike,

I really didn't think you would take offense to my comment on your 390....however after an All American gets through shooting an auto loader I would think $500 is a generous offer! :)

Glad you are happy with the 10-22. Yes, it is a tack driver!

We are at the MO Fall Handicap if anyone wants to shoot the Seitz.

Thanks,

Bob

16. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

0   0   0

Bob,

How many Blaser F3 super trap combos do you have in stock?

17. dverna

dverna Active Member

0   0   0

Mr. Schultz made one of the most intelligent posts in a long time.

Shoot the gun YOU shoot well.

Don Verna

18. Bob Schultz

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Kgun Shooter,

I had 6 before the MO Fall Handicap ... now I have 3 with 2 more on the way from Blaser.

SILVER SEITZ IS SOLD.

THANKS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blaser super trap vs silver seitz

can you wear out a silver seitz shotgun

silver seitz fast lock time shooting in front of targets

silver seitz for sale ct

silver seitz lock time

silverseitz vs blaser