1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling a gun

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by glenns, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenns

glenns Member

0   0   0

I want to list a gun for sale and had a few questions:

1. Do I ship it directly to the buyer's FFL?
    2. Do I need to obtain any info from the FFL (besides address)?
    3. Do you usually wait for the check to clear after you deposit it?
    4. Unless stated otherwise does the buyer pay the shipping?

Thanks,
    Glenn

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Glenn. I am one of the regular sellers on TS.com. YOu can find me in "MarketPlace Listings" as a reference.

YOu must ship your gun to an FFL

You must receive payment and have that clear prior to shipping the gun

YOu must pack it securely and insure it for the appropriate value

You can ship to California

The shipping cost must be agreed upon and is not assumed that one or theother party pays.

If it is a lower value gun such as a 1100, have the pserson send you a USPS Postal Money Order. It it is a mid range gun, have them again send a USPS MO or a Certified check from their bank. If it is a high end gun (over 5 grand) have them wire the funds to your bank

You cannot ship to or out of Canada

You must post pictures in order to get a decent response. If your gun has been altered a lot it will have little interest over the internet.

I am Jack Swanson and my phone is 715-262-8556 days. Be glad to answer your other questions and giv you advice fo rfree.

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

0   0   0

"2. Do I need to obtain any info from the FFL (besides address)?"

You had better ask for a signed copy along with the payment to ensure you are, in fact, sending the gun to a legit FFL. At the very least, ask for the FFL's I.D. # so you can verify it is legit prior to sending the gun. https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck

AndyH ;-)

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Glenns, if you take Jacks advice and add andy's you are covered. Check the FFL as andy pointed out. Mike.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

at some UPS locations, they ask to see the copy of ffl, some do not. Like has been mentioned ( good photos are so important)

6. glenns

glenns Member

0   0   0

Thanks for all the responses. I'll take some pictures and get a listing up today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.