1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling a gun/FFL license

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mnflatlander, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mnflatlander

Mnflatlander TS Member

I see when people sell guns on this web site, they always say $$$ shipped to
    your FFL. What is the purpose of this? Is this to protect the seller and buyer? I would like to try to sell a couple guns and I want to do the right thing. Is this the proper procedure? Any info will help! Thanks, Phil

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

If you sell a firearm out of state it,s the law . It must go to an FFL and be registerd to the new owner . It,s easy to do .

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Face to face within the state is legal. Any firearm shipped across state lines has to go to a dealer. the person you sell the gun to will have to get a copy of his dealer's license, signed, and fax or send it to you.

HM

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

OK, I'll bite - do you mean "registration"?

Jay

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

mnflatlander, federal law requires an interstate transfer of a firearm to be done by an ffl holder in the receiving persons state. An exception to this is, you can send the firearm to yourself in another state without using an ffl holder. Additionally, some state laws require the seller to have the arm shipped by an ffl holder in his state to an ffl holder in the receiver's state. Thirdly, some states require in-state sales be done through and ffl holder. Check your state requirements before shipping.

Buz

6. Southern Gent

Southern Gent TS Member

"Face to face within the state is legal."

Only between residents of the same state.

However, a resident can ship a gun to a resident of the same state without going through a FFL also.

I wouldn't do it personally, but legally it can be done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.