1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sellier Bellot, Rio's and others

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pull & Mark, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I shoot the Rio's all the time and I still can't tell you what powder you have because all you told me was that you have a 32.0g. or 1 and 1/8 oz. of shot.The boxes that the shells are packed in should tell you the powder dram of your loads. Look at other side of each shell, it says 12-70mm 2 3/4 top line bottome line is shot size 8's or 71/2's @ 2'25 is 1145 fps. and the shot size 8's or 7 1/2's @ 2'37 is 1250 fps. I do not have any 1200 fps or 3 dram loads. Those should be between the 2'25 and the 2'37 numbers I would think.Hope this helps. Break-em all. Jeff

2. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Most of the foreign shells have gotten away from drams, what is the velocity? That's all that matters anyway----regarding drams.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

actually the rio's state their dram eq on the label. The one I'm looking at says hdcp.
    its oz/dr.eq/in.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

http://www.sellier-bellot.cz/sporting-shotgun-shells.php?product=14

http://www.rioammo.com/target_12ga.htm

Look at the box and see which shell your shooting then check out the above links and you will get all the information your looking for.

So which one are you shooting?

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Chances are with Sellier Bellot you wont find a FPS but instead a MPS.

1 meter = 3.2808399 feet

6. Pull & Mark

Thank you Lumper, that is the numbers I was reading on my Rio shells. It printed on the side of the shell under the ga. and lenth. The 2'25 are my blue's at 1145 fps. and the 2'37's were my green handicaps at 1250 fps.It must be a metric meter per second speed measurement. Break-em all. Jeff

7. webley

webley TS Member

Jeff,

Your cartridges may well have nominal velocities of 1145 & 1250 fps but if you consider Lumpers conversion factor - the “metric velocity” figures you quoted of 225 & 237 (ignoring the apostrophe which perhaps should be a comma) would approximately be equal to 731 & 770 fps.

Do you think it more likely that 2,25 & 2,37 are the shot sizes in millimetres? In other words 8’s & 7-1/2’s approx.

The Rio website does give an indication of the dram equivalent (for what it’s worth).

Regards

Russell

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

Russel ... dang your right, that is the shot size ... DOH ... but if you look at the website they list the velocity of the shells as mps and thusly when you use the conversion you then get the velocity in fps.

9. webley

webley TS Member

Lumper,
    Your conversion is spot on but Rio have more than one website - are you looking at this one:

http://www.rioammo.com/target_12ga.htm

This particular webpage has the velocity already in fps & also gives the dram equivalent.

Regards
    Russell

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

Russel ... DUH ... that is the link I gave yesterday afternoon @ 4:36pm. Now if you look at the other link I provided at the exact same time for Sellier Bellot they list there shells in MPS and not FPS thus the conversion.

You do realize the original question was in regards to 2 different shell companies and not just RIO's and that is the information I gave was on 2 different shell companies and 2 different websites ... you do realize this dont you?

11. webley

webley TS Member

Lumper,

Yes I did notice that the initial question from Jerry related to both S&B’s & RIO’s but my first post was in response to Jeff’s question where he wonders if the 2,25 & 2,37 figures printed on his RIO cartridges were related to velocity (nothing to do with S&B’s in his question – just concerning RIO’s) – I also referred to the RIO website in my post.

Your response to what I wrote consisted of a single sentence. The first half of your sentence correctly referred to the 2,25 & 2,37 RIO figures being shot sizes – it’s therefore pretty reasonable to assume the website you mentioned immediately after (in the second half of the sentence) was also the RIO related one - referred to by me in the post you were replying to.

I’ll resist the temptation to ask you if you realise this <G>

Some multi-national websites have a habit of automatically directing web browsers to geographically defined versions of their main website without any input or prompting. These secondary websites don’t always contain identical information – hence I wanted to check if we both were looking at the same flavour of RIO website/data.

Regards

Russell

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

Russel ... you aint got a clue but respond with explanations to things that aint even there. No where and I repeat no where did I ever say a dang thing about shot sizes but you respond to me explaining where I said what and such about shot sizes. You aint even got a clue as to who or really what your responding to.

Oh well ... some people are at times confused and I guess its just your turn.

13. Pull & Mark

webly, I'll bet your right on with those numbers being the metric size of the shot. At least now I know how to read those European shells a little better now. Sorry I don't have a clue on the S&B shells. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.