1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sellier & Bellot NRA shotshells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by glenns, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenns

glenns Member

The latest Cabela's ad has Sellier & Bellot NRA shotshells for $44.99/case. They are 7/8 oz, #8 shot.

Anybody have any experience shooting these? Good, bad?

2. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

I have no experience with their target loads, however I have burned up several hundred of the S&B buckshot loads. They all went bang but patterned terribly, and have the most horrible odor when fired.

It's hard to describe exactly, but imagine somebody setting a urine soaked horse on fire. That's what it smelled like.

3. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Glenn,

Are they for trap or international trap? Also check the FPS. The ones I happened on, we couldn't give away, literally. About a mis-fire per every ten or so. Even the packaging was poor.

Good luck.

Jon Reitz

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I was wondering about these also. I received the flyer yesterday and stopped in at the local Cabela's and they didn't have any on the shelves. Sale starts Thursday.

In the picture it says, "Trap 24 Sport." I can make out 7/8 and #8 but it appears there is a 3 1/2 under that. Does this represent drams? Not sure I'd get too excited about those.

Steve

5. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

AAtrap,

I think you are spot-on. 3-1/2 was the correct DE (dram equivalent) number I remember for these shoulder-killers. Ouch! I would not touch them for free.

G/L

Jon Reitz

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

They are listed at 1312 fps.

Wayne

7. glenns

glenns Member

I looked at the ad again and noticed the 3 1/2 on the box. I think I'll pass on these.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Glenn

8. Claysmoke27

Claysmoke27 Member

I've shot lots of International Skeet loads, 24 grams at 1360 fps, and they had way less recoil than 1 oz loads at 1290 that I also used to use. They work good in a lot of auto loaders too.
    At 45 a case I'll be checking these out.

9. Racerx

Racerx Member

Has anyone used these yet?? I know 3 1/2 De is heavy but I use a auto.. feed back ??

10. glenns

glenns Member

Went to Cabela's today and looks like they sold a lot of these. Any feedback from anyone?

11. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I went in and looked at them. Decided not to purchase. For 2 dollars more a flat I'll shoot the 1oz. Federal Top Guns. I know how they shoot. I guess I'll let someone else tell me how good they are.

Steve

12. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

I've shot them several times. Not much recoil and ok for practice shells. They are 24g shells at around 1300 fps. Damn site cheaper than other 12 gauge 24g loads. IMO

Hal

13. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

We received a skid of these 7/8 oz for our youth team. The kids got lots of experience in clearing a misfired shell and it happened about 1% of the time. They did kick the younger shooters but the more robust youth were not fazed. All in all, they were free from the NRA and we appreciated it.

14. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Sorry if I seem ignorant, but where are these NRA, S&B shells manufactured? Larry

15. FIB

FIB Member

I believe S&B ammunition is manufactured in the Czech Republic. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Randy Price

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.