1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Seller's market or Buyer's market ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Seller

With regards to current production trap guns (not collectables)...

Are we currently in a Seller's market or a Buyer's market ?

2. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I think it's a Buyer's market.

JMHO

Jim C

3. 548

548 Guest

There is a 90T for sale on this site right now for $3000. It only cost $1700 brand new 15-20 years ago. Needless to say, it is still for sale.

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Lets see Perazzi TM-1 sold for originally $695 dollars. That was 50 years ago when was the last time anyone bought one for that type of price?????

So I guess your point is not to well taken.

Bob Lawless

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The market depends on your individual situation financially ... There are and have always been good to great deals, on the other hand the market has had more then its fair share of grossly over priced rifles, shotguns, and handguns that will never sell because of the asking price which is many time so rediculous many people won't even make an offer ... People list guns at rediculous prices over and over time and again almost like they figure no body saw the listing the last time it was listed ... To them its a good deal because they are the seller but if it was them on the buying side they would never think of paying some of the asking prices that people ask for them today ... There are good and reasonable deals out there you just have to search for them and make the move when you find them ... Its not only guns, its many different shooting related products ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

If you run an inflation calculator, you will find that $1700 in 1990 has the same buying power as $3000 of today's dollars. So that gun is priced exactly right. The catch is that there are only so many people willing to buy shotguns right now. Which I suppose is the definition of a buyers market.

7. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

I would say it is a buyers market on used guns. And a sellers market on new guns if you are looking for a particular make, model, barrel length, ect.

8. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

It is a sellers market for AR15's and Glock pistols as these are in high demand, and there is little inventory of either one. Anything "tactical" or "black" is in high demand right now, and not just here but everywhere.

Trap guns are not in very high demand, however it has been my experience that if it is a desirable gun and is priced fairly it will sell instantly or at least quickly.

If it is a gun that is over priced or not in primo condition then it won't sell.

All you have to do is look at what sells and what doesn't on this site. The good stuff sells and the crap or overpriced stuff sits and is pushed to the top (TTT) many times.

I bought a Browning .410 O/U about 2 months ago. It was on here for less than 5 hours, and I was lucky to find it when I did. A Beretta .410 just sold in one minute last weekend. Both were priced right and highly desirable guns.

High end guns have to wait for the money to show up and if they are right they will eventually sell as well. When you get above $2000 the number of potential buyers goes way down. Over $5K it is smaller and over $20K there is like 3 guys in the US who might want them.

All you really have to do is watch this site and see how things sell. There is a definate pattern to it. It is a most informative experience to watch what moves and what doesn't.

I can tell you one thing for sure. If you don't put a picture of what you are trying to sell up for people to see, you cut down your exposure by 99%. I click on a headline and if there is no pic I back right back out and move on.

Randy

9. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

Buyer's Market.

I think times are tougher for the majority of people now. The prices seem to be heading down in the used trap gun market on this site. We see guns for sale for longer periods of time now and they are not snapped up the same day. If good pictures are posted, accurate descriptions are given, and a fair price offered, then this site is the best. All trap guns have only a niche market and it's most easily reached right here.

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Buyer's market for sure. Especially on guns higher than standard grade.

11. 3200-2- man

3200-2- man TS Member

Yea , guns are reasonable but , ammo ? Holy Crap !

12. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

It has been a buyers market for all but the most collectable in demand guns.Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.