1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SELLER BEWARE OF A MATT CLARK

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by flasch192, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flasch192

flasch192 Member

this person emailed me for weeks saying he wanted too buy my gun, then backs out at the last minute, if you get an email from him dont waste ur time

2. krau6657

krau6657 Member

Specify a Matt Clark. I'm sure there's more than one and I'm sure the one I know didn't screw you.

3. flasch192

flasch192 Member

all i know is hes probley about 14 and from minnesota

4. flasch192

flasch192 Member

heres his email MattieTClark@live.com

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Flash. People backing out of a gun deal happens often enough. things change for these people and they need to bow out. Remember too, that a goodly percentage of these folks that buy do so in impulse and think better of it later. I recommend you let this go and find another buyer. Be bigger than this person and stop trying to extract imaginary punitive damages.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

well put Jack

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

He is 14?? And you want to hammer him. Who is the juvenile??

Grow up and move on.

Don

8. Anti-Fed

Anti-Fed Member

No details listed...but if it took weeks to conclude the purchase I'd get cold feet too.

Jed

9. pdq

pdq Member

I've had people do this to me face to face after I've driven 2 hours to deliver the gun on what was a completely agreed-upon deal.

Stuff happens.

Accept it, move on, sell to another buyer.

Pete

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

You should be very happy that the deal fell through-in some areas selling a gun to a juvenile is a felony. If some thing went wrong you could be gun less for the rest of your life.

Maybe before we sell guns to strangers we should make sure who they are and definitly use a FFL for any and all fire arm transactions

Phil Berkowitz

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

In addition to it being illegal to sell and him to buy, a 14 yr old cannot be bound to a contract in MN except possibly for necessities. A gun is not a necessity in the eyes of the court, only to us.

12. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

nothing like a normal day on TS.com where a transaction goes south and it becomes the daily fodder LOL

I give potential buyers a deadline to send payment and a copy of an FFL. If the deadline passes, it goes back on the market (or it goes to the next guy in line). Too bad, too sad, ya snooze ya lose......I never drive out of my way to meet a potential buyer. It's a waste of time and gas money to drive out of your way to only have the buyer back out the last minute. So if meeting face to face, it's always at a place where I'll be driving by while doing routine errands or if I'll be at the local gun club shooting. That way if the buyer has cold feet at the last minute, it did not cost me gas money nor my time.

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

No matter what anyone says, the deal is never done, until the money is in your hands. Get over it. What was the old saying: Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see. That really applies to gun deals.

14. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Remember, anyone less than 18 years old can not purchase a firearm from anyone that is lisc or not. There are laws that will put you in jail for selling it falls under the youth gun act. thanks Ronnie

15. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Things are different these days. Many younger people have no idea what a promise means. They have no respect for giving their word or recieving another mans word. "I'll take it" means nothing anymore. I notice it happening more and more.

16. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I had an early Bt for sale some time ago. A guy called me and we sorted everything out price, condition, pictures everything necessary before exchanging dollars. I drove some 20+ miles so he could shoot the gun on the assumption that if it shot satisfactorily it was sold.
    He shot the gun and ran 25 straight. He came off the line and first thing out of his mouth was "now what do you really want for the gun?". I said" You just ran a straight and we already agreed on the price what's the problem? His response was "i'll give you this amount" about $150 less than what we agreed on. I took the gun put it in its case, put it in my vehicle and left. Shxx happens. Some people are like that. Move on. Bulge.

17. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

... maybe he meant he acted like he's "14"... gives it a different take. No felonious activity allowed!

Spitter

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Be glad he didn't have your gun and THEN back out. Or his check bounced or many many other things that could have happened that would have been much worse. You still have your gun so no skin lost.

I saw a BT 99AR in the "For Sale" section on here recently. It was eventually snatched up and marked "Sold". After several days it was back for sale as the deal fell thru. That seller didn't cry over spilled milk or belittle the proposed buyer, he simply sucked it up and reposted it. It sold again a few days later. I'm sure he wasn't happy about the situtaion but sh!t happens. If your gun is a deal it will sell again.

Great post Jack.

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There are lots of tire kickers out there who waste your time, then there are the real buyers ... I have been fortunate enough to not run into very many who just want to waste your time ... I will never hold a gun for one person again when I was given the impression we were making a deal, because you can lose a real buyer waiting for the other guy ... From now on Money talks, first come first served ... I have been lucky for the most part I guess and deal with honorable people ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

There is a "gentleman" on here who strung me along for a month on a timney trigger. Guess its my fault for letting him lead me on for that long. Had to get permission from his wife, had to wait for pension check to come in, ect, ect, ect. Wasn't too concerned as long as we had constant communication, but one day he stopped answering emails, at that point I relisted it and it was bought and paid for in a couple days. Funny thing is he still had time to post on here. Guess my courtesy of waiting for him for over a month meant nothing to him, and I'm sure I'll remember the name the next time he wants to buy something from me. I still keep track of him from time to time just for kicks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.