1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Self defense Mother....way to go girl!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bob Griffith, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

here is the link (I think) to a news article about an 18 year old women defending her baby & what is hers by use of deadly force......Way to go girl!

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I taught my wife to shoot pistols and advised her to shoot anyone who she believe intends to harm her in anyway ... I also told her once the gun is out of bullets to throw the gun at them and get another gun ASAP, just in case ...
    WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I find it hard to believe that it took 2 days for the PD to announce there'd be no charges filed. That decision should have been made at the crime scene.

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I find it hard to believe and insulting that charges were even considered considering the girl was on the phone with 911 the whole time with a clear account of the events that transpired.

And in 21 minutes no cops could arrive. The only thing they should have done is apologized profusely for not showing up and clean the mess up promptly.

5. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

"I find it hard to believe and insulting that charges were even considered considering the girl was on the phone with 911 the whole time with a clear account of the events that transpired. "

What is so hard to understand about that? Prosecuters will look at every angle to charge the shooter and get their name in the papers to further their career.
    They can't get her so they charge the accomplice with 1st degree murder. A man has been killed and someone has to pay. She could still face civil charges.

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

If she's served with a civil suit, it'll be open and shut. The BS of protecting the criminals rights goes out the window when they kick your door in.

Additionally there needs to be a complete investigation on why the PD response time was 21 minutes. In a situation such as this, 2 minutes is an eternity.

This makes a great case for passage of the Castle Doctrine and CCW.

7. Itchyb

Itchyb TS Member

Moral of the story? Never bring a knife to a gunfight. No trial for this azhole. His buddy gets the first degree murder charge,that is justice.

8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I can understand some rural places can take much longer to get to....but 21 freakin' minutes, give me a break!!! It must have seemed like an eternity and then some to the poor girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.