1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Seitz

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by rick979, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

****SALE PENDING*****Silver Seitz* 35" .034 constriction with no porting or barrel modifications, all numbers match! Upgrade wood option, 14 5/8 LOP, pull trigger. Dual sideplates. 4-way adjustable Seitz comb, 80/20 POI, stock has no cast or palm swell, factory Americase. Gun has had very limited use as owner is over 80. $8,100.00. PRICE GOES DOWN $200.00/Day starting 07/23/2009.

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

MINT RECEIVER...Very few rounds thru' this one!!

3. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

no rib dings!

4. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I am going to be doing a "reverse auction" on this fine gun. Price will be lowered by $200.00 a day. Today's price is $7,900.00. Even the case is in great shape. Thanks, Rick

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

Given that AIM made the first batch of Silver Seitz guns in the early 90's, I think that Serial Number 32 would make it approx an early to mid 90s gun. I believe AIM charges @ $500 for a release.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL
    (Owner of # 007)

6. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Reverse auction is now $7,700.00. With new ones being $15,000 someone is going to get a super buy on this fine gun.

7. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Rick979.........I like your style! l.g.

They would sell tractors like this at the county fair once in a while..... :)

8. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Little Gambler: I obviously have a bit of "gambler" in me. I am betting that someone on TS.Com knowns a great buy when they see it. The other two Seitz guns that are currently on TS.COM are $11,500 and $9,500.

9. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Reverse auction price today is $7,500.00

10. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

RMY: A friend of mine (deceased) was "Tom" (C.C.) Seitz. He made the very first ones.... there were fewer than 40 total made. He was also noted for being the very best "barrel man". After his untimely passing the company (AIM) acquired the rights thru' Tom's widow to copy Tom's gun and are still manufacturing it today. I talked to Richy @ AIM last week and asked him if all Seitz guns were essentially the same or whether there had been major modifications or changes. (other than adjustable ribs, etc). He did not go into this subject in detail but said that there had been 3 small changes since his company starting building the "Silver Seitz". After Mr. Seitz died the value of his original guns went "thru' the roof" and the last one I saw for sale was reportedly sold for $23,000.00. The "Silver Seitz" (AIM) is an American company that takes the "Seitz Legacy" very seriously and not only produces a fine firearm but also takes very good care of those that own them.

11. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

rmy:
    A fellow named Tom Seitz designed the Seitz shotgun, I believe in the 80s. Tom was, by trade, a gunsmith. He was also a high power target rifle expert. The report I've heard is that when a friend invited Tom to go trapshooting, he decided to design a trap gun, which became the Seitz. The most distinguishing characteristic of the gun is the way it opens, by pulling back on the trigger guard. Tom designed them with the fast, no-takeup action of a competition rifle trigger. He did not mass produce them and if you ordered one, you simply waited until it was ready - usually 6 months or more. Tom made 42 or 43 of these before he was tragically killed in a carbon monoxide camping accident. The original Seitz guns are still out there - I have a friend who has one. If you find one for sale, let me know. I don't know where the other 42 are.

At some point after Tom's death, a fellow named Jerry Phillips (owner of AIM and a trapshooting enthusiast) and another fellow from the Silver Dollar in Florida met and talked to Tom's widow about continuing to build the Seitz, only they would call it the Silver Seitz. They arranged to get the design prints from Mrs. Seitz and started by making 10 guns to see if they sold. AIM, by the way, was and is a precision machining company, doing a fair amount of precision military work. I believe these 10 guns were made in the early 90s. They sold them successfully as we know.

Since then, minor enhancements have been made, but Tom's original design has continued. You can now buy a Titanium receiver. The gun is made to break down whereas the originals could only be broken down by knocking out the hinge pin manually. You can get gold anodized triggers, trigger guards etc. You can also buy a black colored receiver. Adjustable rib barrels were added a few years ago. I think they now have an over under.

I've owned and shot most of the high end guns and bought my Silver Seitz # 007 a few years ago after shooting one at our club. The trigger is, in a word, precise. When you pull it, there is no lag to the shell firing. I love it. The gun Rick is selling is almost a twin to the one I have. It appears to be in excellent shape and is, IMO, a good deal.

As a testimonial to the Seitz design, there are gun makers out there who make guns that, at a distance, closely resemble the Seitz - Tony DeSimone, Bruce Bowen, Alferman etc. IMO, there is only one Seitz and one Silver Seitz. Once I shot one, I was hooked. It is the best shotgun I've ever used for trap.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

12. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Gene: Thanks so much for your addition. You and I must have been writing thread responses simultaneously. It seems that we both tell the same story. A great man....who left us too early....and a legacy of pride and workmanship that still lives on even tho' Tom is gone on to a better place.

13. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Reverse auction price today is $7,300.00.

14. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Emails to Fred and Larry replied to.

15. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Wow, that is a steal!!! I would not even consider less than $9500.00 for mine.
    Don

16. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Interested in a "cherry trade?" If you'd take 3 1/2 tons of fresh cherries we'd be in business..............I'm predicting that this gun will sell at the 6900.00 mark. This just goes to show what a shitty economy we are in at the moment.

My old SS #427 had the best trigger of any gun I have ever owned.

17. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

At least I am showing big cajonnes.....or perhaps selling a gun backwards is just another sign of how far my ALZHEIMER'S has advanced. It is hell getting old....don't do it!!

18. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The gun is $7,100 today. I am getting a lot of emails with trades. At my current price I will be very selective on trades.
    Thanks...Rick....Texas

19. pdq

pdq Member

0   0   0

To confirm a statement made in one of the posts above, yes, they now make an over/under -- I got to see one while visiting them in the Parkton MD facility back in May. I believe Richie said he'd sold about 15 - 20 so far.

If the gun in this thread is in the condition reported, this is a very, very good price.

I had them make a single barrel gun for me 2 years ago. The only thing better about the gun than its trigger is the overall build quality.

Pete

20. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Just one more thought . If you buy a Silver Seitz gun used Silver Seitz will rebuild it to as new condition wood and all for a little over $600 bucks . The Seitz guns are in a class by them self and if you shoot a release trigger it is the very best .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

silver seitz serial numbers