1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Seitz questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tbobaa, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbobaa

tbobaa Member

I found this at the grand and i didnt think i could do without.Couple of questions for you seitz guys.I mostly reload and i am having a few shells maybe one or two per 50 sticking in chamber remington sts hulls.Also have shot some new winchester super targets with same results.I have never had any problems with my reloads in my mx 2000.So does the writing on the side really mean factory shells only or can this be fixed in the resizing process?Is the chamber somewhat different compared to other guns to cause this? Also whats the difference in a no.1 no.2 no.3 rib how do you tell the difference mine has 4 notches?

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

the heigth of the rib at the rear point before the rib. not sure of the figures. i think it is 1/2 inch= number 1 3/4 in= number 2 and 1 inch motordoc

3. pdq

pdq Member

Almost everything Pull Pull says is on target. Great service, great guns, and once he meets you, Rich will know you on a first name basis and provide great service.

However it doesn't take 5,000 rounds to understand where your gun is shooting, although I know people attribute that advice to Frank Little. Take 1 or 2 boxes of shells and spend an afternoon on the pattern board to not only learn where it shoots as is, but to then make adjustments to the butt plate, adjustable comb, and rib to make it shoot where you want it to, with whatever POI you like. Do that, and then over the next few weeks of shooting depending on how you see yourself breaking the tarket, make the fine tuning tweaks necessary one at a time, but in tiny, tiny increments, else you'll overdue it.

The beauty of these guns is that they are so adjustable, you can make them fit you versus you having to shoot 20 flats of shells to adapt you to the gun. Once you've got the gun shooting where you are looking, leave it alone versus constantly shifting things around.

Great guns.

Pete
    808 Silver Seitz

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The #1 rib is the lower shooting rib, The #2 is the next higher shooting rib I believe it will make 100%, the #3 rib will shoot 120% high and the #4 rib will shoot almost 150% high.

The #4 is my personal choice

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. tbobaa

tbobaa Member

Thanks everyone for your input!Terry

6. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

Only trouble I had with mine #831 super targets 1 will stick out of 100 I just shoot premium shells Gold Medals never had any troubles with my reloads,Quit reloading Just shooting Federal Gold Medals plastics,Dan

7. pdq

pdq Member

I shoot Gun Clubs and STSs in my Silver Seitz and while I've not had a problem with shells sticking, I did notice that there was a build up of crud (that's a technical term) occuring. A few minutes with a brass bore brush and some solvent and things were clean as a whistle again.

Pete
    #808 SS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

silver sietz problems