1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SEITZ QUESTION?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by B.SMITH, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B.SMITH

B.SMITH TS Member

TRAP AND FIELD HAD AN ARTICLE ON GUNS BUILT BY "COLE" ARE COPIES OF THE ORIGINAL SEITZ. I THOUGHT THE SILVER SEITZ(JERRY PHILLIPS) HAD THE PATENT. WHATS UP?

2. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

The closest clone to the original Seitz is the Bowen. I don't know who, if anyone, has the patent, but in any case, I suspect it has expired by now.

Buz

3. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Trap and field article is dead wrong if they claim Cole guns are even similar to an original Seitz or a Bowen Seitz or Silver Seitz. The Cole gun is more like a Ljutic with a swinging hammer system however it uses a top lever to open the gun. They are beefier than a Ljutic and tend to feel heavy.

The Original Seitz, built by the late Tom Seitz and the Bowen (Seitz) gun are nearly identical. Jerry Phillips, who builds the Silver Seitz, has made some changes in the mechanical design as manufacturing improvements and durability upgrades. All of the Seitz guns use a spring driven firing pin rather than a hammer to ignite the shotshell.

the only similarity the Cole has to any Seitz is the fact it is a single barrel trap gun.

Bob Schultz

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The Trap and Field article didn't say that, Bob. I wrote it.

Neil

5. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Niel,

Well, if you said the Cole was a copy of the original Seitz, you were dead wrong.

Respectfully,

Bob Schultz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.