1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Seitz owners,,Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ron y, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron y

ron y TS Member

I have been looking for a used Seitz,,why is it that almost all of the used ones are 80% to 110% poi,,are these guns that hard to shoot? Does anyone have a 70-30 for sale,,are these guns all they are cracked up to be,,ron

2. cls

cls Member

No, they're not hard to shoot. There will of course be a learning curve though. How steep it is depends on what you're shooting now. Most find that an increase in POI height is required due to the lightning fast trigger in the Silver Seitz. The Silver Seitz is a great gun indeed, in my opinion the best single barrel Trap gun available. cls

3. viperrt

viperrt Member

I concur with cls, the finest trap gun ever made. I'm sure you can find a 70/30 POI. The quality is unsurpassed, and the service provided by Rich Phillips is awesome! If you read the latest Trap and Field you will notice a number of All Amercians (especially the ones that are many time All Americans) are proponents of higher shooting guns. I would suggest you try a Seitz with an adjustable rib which will allow you to determine if a higher POI is for you. Nice thing is if it's not you can just adjust to your needs. Bill

4. bigben

bigben Active Member

Ron, before you plunk your money down, please shoot a higher impacting Seitz, if at the present time you are indeed shooting a 70/30, a 90/10 or 100% will be fine, please don't listen to the b.s. statement some make about having to "float" under targets to hit them, that statement is most always made by less than accomlished shooters who don't shoot great scores.The trigger system in the Silver Seitz and Bowen guns are fantastic, the Silver Seitz is a thorobred of a trap gun, and will incinerate any trap clay. Good luck in your search, be sure to shoot the higher impacting offerings, I'll bet there are Seitz shooters at your various clubs willing to help you. My Seitz shoots 26 in. high and when shot by a shooter that shoots a 100% gun shoots it they are amazed by it's performance and ease of shooting handicap targets. incinerate em!

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

After shooting a Seitz at 120% for four years I agree if you now shoot 70/30 90/10 is the right poa . A good friend that always shot guns 70/30 or 80/20 mostly LJutic and Winchester was going to buy a Silver Seitz . I had a real hard time getting him into a Seitz over 90/10 now he is seeing some rib .

Shoot some targets with the Seitz guns before you buy and not five or ten but shoot a hundred or more . It,s alot of money so take your time .

6. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

I agree that the SS is excellent.

Mine is a soft shooter, 100% high, and I shot it well right from the get go.

Gerry and Richie will take care of you.

Adios, Dirk

7. trap_shooter2000

trap_shooter2000 Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

On the adjustable rib guns we can set you up with a POI from 60/40 all the way up to around 140%. The great thing about the adjustable rib gun is that the ribs are interchangeable, and most of the time you can switch the ribs out with no issues.

If you have other questions feel free to email.

Thanks, Aaron Willoughby/Silver Seitz Inc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.