1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Seitz Gold Receiver Wearing off?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Eric Mirosavich, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

A buddy is getting rid of his Seitz and I am interested in purchasing. The gold coloring on the receiver seems to be wearing thin. Do others have this issue and is there anything that can be done?

Maybe send it back to Seitz or have Braker redo it?

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Have the receiver plated whatever you want. Small cost for such a nice gun.

3. Eric Mirosavich

Eric Mirosavich Member

I would like to keep it original, the gold coloring is nice. Anyone else have the same issue? Maybe a fluke?

4. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Just buy it and send it back to Seitz. Yes plating can be re-done. My guess is that they are Titanium Nitride treated, which is not really a plating but a surface hardening treatment. It has that nice gold hue. Just contact Seitz so you are informed about how much it will cost to bring it back to condition. They are cool guns and I would love to own one someday.

5. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

Call Seitz they are great people to deal with none better 410-329-6801 ask for Ritchie.

6. PULL PULL

PULL PULL Member

Seitz can replate your reciever to like it was , when brand new. If you don't like the gold . You can plate it silver or black also.

Search tags for this page

silver seitz gold receiver

silver seitz with black receiver