1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

%%% Seitz Eye Candy %%%

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Well, my buddy Harv has been asking to see photos of the Silver Seitz that we are getting ready to ship out. Here they are, the wood is Burl Myrtle from Mike Mann. Thank you Mike for the nice burl. Cindy did the checkering and since someone will ask the cost of this project was about $ 2,800.00 that included everything. Again thanks to all that look and thank you for allowing us to be of service.

Dennis DeVault

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=scottseitz4.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=scottseitz3S.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=scottseitz2F.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=scottseitz1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Thanks for posting Dennis.

3. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dennis, another eye popper, I'm sure Scott will be more than satisfied. Harv.

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Beautiful, Beautiful, why buy any gun with factory wood when Dennis can fit you & make your gun look better than the original builder. Dennis, when are you coming out with an O/U--waiting with baited breath.

Lou

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Absolutly gorgeous!

6. JLW

JLW TS Member

Beautiful- I especially like the dovetail grip cap.-Jerald

7. Dennis DeVault

To 635G,

No one wants the over/under to be here more than me. We are right now in the midst of upgrading software and machinery to increase our wood making process and unless you have an extra $200,000.00 laying around,the O/U is going to have to wait for a little while longer. It has been designed and the trigger system has been machined for a trial. Thank you again to all and have a safe and Happy New Year.

Dennis DeVault

8. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

BTT for a great job.

9. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Dennis,

It's amazing to me how the finished product always far outshines the original blank. Just want you to know that I just finished milling 127 more fantastic Myrtle burl 2-piece sets which are now numbered, photographed and beginning the air drying process. Seventeen of them were cut especially for you with eight and nine inch tall butts. All three full inches in width and twenty inches long. I'll be picking up another 1800 pound Myrtle burl Friday and we'll be busy this weekend converting it to my favorite product - gunstock blanks. I should have another sixty sets in inventory by Monday.

Thanks for the mention of the source of the wood. I'm looking forward to Cindy's work on my Infinity with the Maple burl stock.

Mike Mann ATA Life 0734685

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Dennis,

Truly a pleasure watching what you and your crew can do. The boss' work is exceptional!!! Tell her I said hi. ;)

11. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

WOW...

I want one of these in an infinity.

12. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Dennis Why do all the guns you post look so long and slender . The stock on this Seitz looks to be two feet long ??

alf-99

13. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Hello Dennis.....my name is Dennis also. What is your "lead" time as of now ? Not in a hurry....I'm in N.W. Ohio. I've seen your work and know of your reputation. Was this custom fitted also? I suppose so , but for that price,I just wonder.Looking to meet you.

14. Dennis DeVault

To dkusner,

Yes, the stock has been fitted to the shooter, Right now we are about 3 months behind. We use the cold winter to catch up before spring. I look forward to meeting you in the future. To Alf99, I do not know why the stock looks long it may be the way photobucket transfers the info. The pictures are just the way they come out of the camera. Thank you to all that took a look and have a very Happy New Year.

Dennis DeVault

15. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Dennis, I think that stock would look good on my ljutic. It looks great on the Seitz. See you next month.
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.