1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

¿ Segway at Grand, etc.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goatskin, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Segway 'personal transporter' are interesting critter, and incredibly useful (as well as a hoot).

At the Grand, do you suppose they would be subject to the same rules&regs as personal golf carts?

A friend who is going to the Grand is wanting to borrow mine, and he has not been able to discuss the question with anybody at Sparta.

Bob

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Most likely but only SPARTA officals can give you an answer.

You would also most likely have to rig it to properly carry your firearm, if that is your plans.

In sporting clays a firearm either has to be straight up or straight down when transported in a cart.

3. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Hummmm... It would be a hoot to trick one out for the sporting clay range.

The problem I see with one at the Grand is the 100's of people that would drive you NUTS wanting to play with it.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

They would be WAY cool at the Grand!!

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I was talking to a gentleman a couple years ago that couldn't weather hoofing it around the sporting clays course anymore, and didn't want to get a golf cart, so he was thinking about one of the off-road segways. I was driving through Gettysburg PA a few weeks ago, and saw a sign for segway tours of the battlefields.

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

A couple of years back there was one at the WVA State shoot.

Guy Babin

7. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Mine is the 'off-road' model, bought used from a rental/tour fleet, but unless you're going to go down flights of stairs or jump logs or such, the regular ol' one is all the fun you can stand, and I have no idea how you could get one stuck or broke.

As far as tricking it out for shooting, there are are plenty-many cargo-ish accessories available.

And yes, they DO draw a crowd of people willing to give it a try. It IS a smile machine.

Bob

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

They make one for golf...... shouldn't be hard to adapt for clay target shooting.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Goatskin: I've never seen a off-road Sedway. How about a picture of your tricked out unit?

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

As long as it follows golf-cart rules, what's the problem?

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I remember a fellow wanting to use one of these at the CA state shoot a few years back and they told him no way??

One of these days, someone is going to get hurt with a golf cart down the road! Most people drive them responsibly but some think they are driving an Indy car!! At Vandalia, I saw a man in a wheelchair get upended by a golf cart dodging and weaving in and out of shooters walking along the sidewalk! Fortunately the man wasn't hurt, that time!

Hap

12. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Mine is the basic x2, without the cargo bolt-ons, but as it was from a rental company, had plenty of scratches & dings.

One undocumented feature is they do well in hub-deep flooded streets, but rim-deep? ... not so much - you have to pull covers and blow-dry the internals. (you don't have to ask my granddaughter how I know this.) TOUGH boogers, they are.

The x2 is larger, deeper, wider, heavier, has more ground clearance, climbs better, etc. but the cargo bolt-ons fit both x2 & i2. The i2 goes a lot further on a fill-up. Unless you take 'off-road' seriously, or are into staircases, the i2 is all you need and a much better deal.

I haven't tricked mine out for shooting, but it would be pretty easy - lots of folks are making accessories. And they are a LOT smaller and easier to manage that a golf-cart.

At the Grand, that convoluted mile+ commute from injun territory to the line would be a relaxed piece-of-cake.

Bob

13. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS, WINS!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.