1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Secure gun display at home?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    If you have a collection of let's say 10 shotguns is there a way to safely and securely display them at home?

There are a number that I would want to buy just to have, but I do not like the idea of keeping them in a safe out of view and hard to get at even if you have the combination
  2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Shawnee, Kansas, USA
    1. Buy a nice display gun cabinet.

2. Get some really cheap pawn shop guns, and put them in the display cabinet.

3. Store your expensive guns in a heavy duty locked cabinet where thieves won't find it.
  3. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

Sep 1, 2009
    PUt them in the best safe you can afford and only show your most trusted friends. Several incidents locally in the last year where scum bags "heard" there was a nice gun collection in the home and helped themselves. In one case an elderly couple was bound, gagged, and badly beaten. I take no chances any more, they are all locked up except one and if you see that one it will likely be the last thing you see. JMO
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.