1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Secret Srvice agent shoots himself

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Probably couldn't take working for the stooge anymore!

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

If I drew duty like that I would shoot myself also, but not in the hip. Trevor Dawe.

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

Bill Grill---It was nancy Reagan---not--Pelosi

4. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

What an HONOR to work for a lady like Nancy!!

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Some law enforcement officers are gun-handling/shooting experts but, as I've mentioned before, my 10 year-old puts more rounds downrange than 95% of them. The point is that the vast majority of LEOs shoot once or twice per year -- whatever is required of them. The one Secret Service officer I know personally is an expert but, from talking to him about his colleagues, he is atypical. He carried a Sig.

-Gary

6. docjonsn

docjonsn TS Member

most fed. carry Sig .40. what if it was his back up or off duty weapon?
    most secret service agent's I have met over the years are good guys.I hope he will be ok.

Pete

7. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

CNBC, early this week, showed a clip of a DEA agent speaking to some elementary school students. During his presentation he pulled out his firearm, waved it around a little, said a few things about it (unintelligible), then shot himself in the foot and he was attempting to re-holster it crossdraw carry. Apparently, gun safety is not a priority at the fed level. Neither are brains required - a loaded handgun in a classroom full of kids? He is now suing the government (us) because someone in the department released the clip to the media. We'll probably have to pay this idiot big bucks because of his own incompetence. Geeze.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Dang glad he wasn't doing his "Show-N-Tell" routine for my kids. Or is it "Show-N-Shoot"? Talk about somebody needing a refresher course or two. The kids on our High School Trap team could probably teach him some gun safety.

Matt

9. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

CNBC, early this week, showed a clip of a DEA agent speaking to some elementary school students. During his presentation he pulled out his firearm, waved it around a little, said a few things about it (unintelligible), then shot himself in the foot and he was attempting to re-holster it crossdraw carry. Apparently, gun safety is not a priority at the fed level. Neither are brains required - a loaded handgun in a classroom full of kids? He is now suing the government (us) because someone in the department released the clip to the media. We'll probably have to pay this idiot big bucks because of his own incompetence. Geeze.

10. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Sorry guys I did not read thread. Thought he was working for Pres. Bill

11. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

Secret service is issued sig saur's ,federal officers qualify 4 times a year ,ss more often!
    s

12. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

If only Nancy had studied his horoscope she could have predicted this, just like she studied her husband's stars and consulted astrologers who then failed to predict him getting shot. I guess it's getting harder and harder to find a good psychic now days.

13. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

What a job wished all I had to do was follow a lil old lady around!!!1 She never even pissed anyone off and Ronald was Pres so long ago that the kids nowadays dont even know who he was or what he did.

Jerry Lewis

14. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

"CNBC, early this week, showed a clip of a DEA agent speaking to some elementary school students. During his presentation he pulled out his firearm, waved it around a little, said a few things about it (unintelligible), then shot himself in the foot and he was attempting to re-holster it crossdraw carry."

Actually he pulled the trigger so he could demonstrate how to field strip a Glock 40.

He unloaded the weapon before entering the school but stuck the loaded magazine back in.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E0bf31SULqs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

The gist of this whole thing which was well publicized when it happened a few years ago, it's news again now because the guy is now sueing because somebody outted him at the DEA. Now he can no longer work undercover.

This was discussed by O'Reilly last tues nite. Everybody pretty much decided he didn't have a case.

In the guys defense, he took the hit and didn't cry, and you know it had to hurt something fierce.

He definately will be the poster child for bad gun handling for the rest of his life.

Oh, and you guys who absolutely must jamb your gun back into it's holster as fast as possible, You'll be right there with him. It's only a matter of time.

Nobody ever won a gunfight by reholstering their weapon!

There are more Negligent Discharges while reholtstering than at any other time. Makes good sense to slow the F*&^ down, and think about what you are doing.

Just my .02.

Randy

16. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

2 things here:

If a pistol doesn't have a hammer on it, I don't own it. Just plain dangerous!

Can't imagine who the agent that protects Shelly musta' pissed off to get that hazardous duty.

I'd have the limo slow down to 20 mph and push her ass out.

17. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

You have to remember that most of these people are college kids that never even held a gun before becoming an agent. They are not as gun savey as most of us. I love to watch the "Bad Boy" t.v. shows, when some of the real cops don't know how to unload a certin kind of gun. When I was a young man a cop did not know how to unload a RUGER SINGLE SIX, that I had. He gave it to me to unload. Not too smart.... JIM

18. brownk80

brownk80 Member

I knew a Secret Service Officer that was assigned to one of the security details of the White House and he and his detail shot about twice a week at the old DOT building on the Mall. He told me they had to to stay as proficient as they felt they needed to be to do their job properly. I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to go up against them in a gun fight because I am pretty sure you would come out distant second.

19. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

What an idiot! After saying that he's the only person in the room "professional enough" to carry a Glock 40 he then shoots himself in the foot with it. The only reason he couldn't shoot his other foot was because it was in his mouth. Do you think the class was spot on when they started saying not to give him the rifle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.