1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Secondary effects of war

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Highpockets, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Highpockets

Highpockets Member

Just thought I'd share a price of war that we do not often think of. Our company just laid off 700 employees. Most were from the Federal Services part of the company. It seems it's very hard to get DoD work these days because most of the DoD spending is going to Iraq. We did do some work there, but the cost of corruption was too high. I'm not whining, but I feel bad for the many affected families. I'm sure there are a lot of similar stories, not to mention the hardships of Guards men and women who have been deployed and re-deployed. So it goes.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    So if it wasn't for war, they wouldn't have jobs, and because of a war, they don't have jobs.

3. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Highpockets,

You forgot to mention another more important secondary effect of the war. Because our troops are in Iraq and Afghanistan and our enemies are preoccupied using all their resources in an attempt to expel them from that part of the world, they have no time or resources to cause any significant trouble here. Because of this extremely effective strategy, instead of Americans dieing at their hands here, they themselves are dieing at the hands of our soldiers in massive numbers. So if you’re going to point out any so called secondary effects of the war, please have the integrity to point out the most important secondary effect.

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Could Highpockets be one of these?

http://www.memri.org/bin/opener_latest.cgi?ID=SD150807

5. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Dickart,

What closet have you been in? Are you totally blinded by your left wing propaganda machine that you can’t see or hear what’s right in front of you.

Here are the stats for Iraq only (not Afghanistan ).

Jan 2007 , 590

Feb 2007, 261

Mar. to date 226

Grand total so far for Iraq in the 2 1/2 months of 2007 is 1077.

This is only confirmed US kills on known insurgents and terrorist. This doesn’t include suicide bombers that kill themselves. It doesn’t include those that we’ve wounded that die at a later date in some hole someplace. It does not include the idiots that kill themselves in accidents when working with dangerous explosives. These are just the numbers derived from shoot, kill and recover.

Also I’ve included an article about just one incident listing an estimate of 300. As far as reports on Fox you’re wrong again, there was an expert guest talking about the estimated figures and put them in the 10s of thousands.

So get your left wing pansy facts straight!

Updated: 2007-01-29 15:50

BAGHDAD, Iraq - US-backed Iraqi troops on Sunday attacked insurgents allegedly plotting to kill pilgrims at a major Shiite Muslim religious festival, and an Iraqi official estimated some 300 militants died in the daylong battle near Najaf. A US helicopter crashed during the fight, killing two American soldiers.

That would make that battle 150 to 1 in our favor.

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

CD,

you can't see me right now, but i am in my office standing and applauding in reguard to your 2 posts on this thread. and just so you know, if you didn't already, dickart and sammie are the same troll. have a good one.

brett d.

7. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Thanks Brett,

My nephew DT Conley, who is now out of the Marine Corps earned two Purple Harts during three tours in Iraq. He was with the Marines during the first Falluja campaign and said in that two weeks they lost 11 Marines in his unit but killed hundreds of terrorist and insurgents and captured more then a thousand. But your not going to hear that in the mainstream press.

8. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

CD...Tell your nephew the Setterman says "Thanks". There are people in this country that are grateful!

9. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

CD,

Tell you'r nephew "Thanks" from me too, from an old VietNam War vet.

John C. Saubak

10. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

I'll tell him that when I see him again. He's off to Texas to visit a buddy from his unit. But don't worry, he's been getting a little thanks from various law enforcement officers on his trip. Apparently his heavy foot in his bright red Chevy pickup isn’t as big of a problem when the officer sees those Arizona Purple Heart plates. Regardless of what we hear from the media and some on this site most Americans are thankful and proud of these young men.

11. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

CD, I feel its a very small, very vocal minority that are not thankful for these fine men. The silent majority is solidly behind them, or the Libs would have pulled out by now. My Thanks to him also!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.