1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Second Louisiana Purchase

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Butterfingers, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers TS Member

There ain't no mo po hoe in Louisiana, Senator Landrieu has accepted $100,000,000
    for the state in the second Louisiana Purchase.

2. wanderer

wanderer Member

Thats the price for one vote to sell out the entire populace of this country. In addition to that, read that now all of the whiners from Katrina are going to sue the Corps of Engineers, for failure of the levies around N.O. When the entire fault was the local boards of politicians for each levy, who mis appropriated (stole) the funds, thus levies were not properly bult and maintained, thus they were breached by the storm water. Gary E. Gasaway.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

If she really did do that..??? I will start telling everyone..I'm from Texas.. What next???? By the way.. the Judge got it right down here.. the MRGO was more than a small part of the flooding down here.. Built by the Federal Government as a favor to "contributors" in the shipping industry.. it destroyed millions of acres of swamp land..and allowed the storm surge..a direct path to low lands.. For countless years.. everyone was crying to the Federal Government to close/fill in the MRGO.. but it fell on deaf ears... The suits to follow will go on for the next century..

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

The $100 Million Health Care Vote?
    November 19, 2009 3:03 PM

What does it take to get a wavering senator to vote for health care reform?

Here’s a case study.

On page 432 of the Reid bill, there is a section increasing federal Medicaid subsidies for “certain states recovering from a major disaster.”

The section spends two pages defining which “states” would qualify, saying, among other things, that it would be states that “during the preceding 7 fiscal years” have been declared a “major disaster area.”

I am told the section applies to exactly one state: Louisiana, the home of moderate Democrat Mary Landrieu, who has been playing hard to get on the health care bill.

In other words, the bill spends two pages describing would could be written with a single world: Louisiana. (This may also help explain why the bill is long.)

Senator Harry Reid, who drafted the bill, cannot pass it without the support of Louisiana’s Mary Landrieu.

How much does it cost? According to the Congressional Budget Office: $100 million.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/200...care-vote.html

5. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

And they say the Afghan government is the most corrupt.......

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

She took the bribe.

7. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

This has what to do with trap shooting?

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

this has everything to do with trapshooting.. If the government keeps taking over everything..and running it with their usual keen ability.. I'll never have shooting money again.. It will back to a Daisy.. and a tin can..

9. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

BS answer PBB... politics, economics, religion all have their place, and through not so tortured logic can be drawn back to trapshooting. You are SO damn good on guns, why not leave the ranting to other forums. So much gun/shooting knowledge here, it's a shame that the opinion of many that stop by this forum, is that it's primarily poulated by a 'bunch of loonies'.

While that may be true, let's not make it so readily apparent... I really value your gun knowledge, really couldn't care less about your politics, and I'm sure you don't care about mine. There are so many places to rant and vent about politics and so few about shotguns and trap, why muddy the waters? (and lose potential converts to the sport/forum)

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Don't open the damn thread if you don't want to read it.

11. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

RickN the forum is labeled 'trapshooters.com' - why would I want to open a thread that is not related to trapshooting?

And hey, shoot the messenger if you want, but 3-5 people I've referred to this forum for info or to buy something have laughed at the 'loonies', 'nuts', etc. so they lost the chance to gain from your shooting knowledge, or buy your products. It's not a metter of whether we disagree or not. We may well agree up and down the line, that's not relevant, but let's be realistic, I'm not going to change your opinions on anything, nor you mine, only suggesting that many of these government / politics threads don't help further the sport of trapshooting - no matter how self righteous they make you feel...

12. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The Democrats shopuld be ashamed of themselves. They will not listen to the people who don't want this stuff so they bribe a Senator. This is outrageous!

13. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

rbmtrap-

Before sticking your foot in your mouth one more time....practice what you preach. What do the following posts of yours, have to do with trapshooting?

----------------------------------------------------

Subject: Windows 7
    Email:
    Date: 20-Nov-09

Actually more expensive Windows versions may or may not help. The driver issue - such as Palm units, old printers, scanners, etc, may not be resolved in dual boot system.....

---------------------------------------------------

Subject: Anyone Familiar with Rome?
    Email:
    Date: 18-Nov-09

So much to see, four days doesn't get you started. Forget shooting when you can look across a valley at thousands of years of recorded history. Heck walk in any neighborhood Catholic church, all grander than the best in US. Art by masters everywhere. Expand your mind as well as your waistline.

-------------------------------------------------

Subject: Digital SLR Nikon for sale
    Email:
    Date: 09-Nov-09

Try KEH camera, the largest used camera folks in the US for comparable prices. Based on their conservative ratings of equipment, you might find the price of this package a little high. 40x a great camera body, works with Nikons AFS lens - actually a similar photo chip to D200 but later (better I think) technology, really worthy of better lens than those offered within this thread. Try Nikon's 16-85 lens for a nice inexpensive companion to this camera - and of course any really good AFS glass will be complimented, the 40X really is an overachiever.

-----------------------------------------------------

Subject: HAVE A COMPUTER QUESTION!!
    Email:
    Date: 12-Nov-09

AVG 9.0 - the free version, and they do make it hard to find the free version, but it's there and great. Been using AMG free on a variety of platforms for years. Norton is expensive, soaks up a LOT of system resources and IMO, does't work as well.

Macs are virus free because they are so rarely used in sensitive or important commercial applications, and by comparison there are very few of them. If you wanted to cause trouble, why waste your time on students and artists when you can really screw important stuff up? And has been pointed out, Mac's are 3-4 times as expensive for what you get, and you are very limited when it comes to adding extra hardware or going outside the Apple world.

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

rbm,,,,let me give you a lesson in English,,,,this site is called trapSHOOTERS, that means that the shooters may/will post things that don't relate to SHOOTING,,,,do you talk of shooting 24/7???

Oh, just in case you missed it,,,,David has made it real easy for you to see ONLY, although it DOES take a little effort, on the 4th line of the page in the box, you will see a blue link called "Category View",,,,just put your little mousy on it, click, choose shooting related threads, and read to your hearts content....

BTW,,,PBB was absolutely right about what is happening to this country and if you don't like it, MAYBE YOU _SHOULD_ RETHINK YOUR POSITION,,,,or do you believe in saddling the next generation with so much debt that they will never have anything of their own??????

15. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

Thanks guys, your responses underscore my point.

GunDr- did I start any of those threads - no.....

To the irate, self righteous, angry, or indignant - you really have no idea what I believe or don't believe politically, what seems to be important to you responders is having a chance to vent.

I'll keep looking here for gun/shooting answers, or trying to help on issues I'm familiar with, 'cause I don't care about the rants and can certainly ignore them, but I won't send any more new shooters here. Foolishly they seem to want to get info on trapshooting, not iconoclastic ranting...

16. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Thanks rbmtrap for not sending any of your friends here-that's good news to hear--now if you'd decide to leave,that would be even better news.

17. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

rbmtrap sure is comical. He complains about off topic threads, yet has heartily contributed to them. "Start them" seems to be the qualifier, if it's OK to participate or not. LOL.

His responses underscore their point. If you don't like the politics, use the category view, instead of bitching.

But, politics has everything to do with this sport. Period.

18. GRR

GRR TS Member

rbmtrap... How is it when I go trap shooting I end up talking with fellow shooters about other topics like politics, daily news, and just about everything imaginable.

When the government spends my money to buy a vote, I expect everybody to keep me in formed regardless of what forum.

Keep up the good word REILLY. Keep us all posted..

GRR

19. Butterfingers

Butterfingers TS Member

Item was entered under Politics, Elections & Legislation. You must not know the difference between 71/2 and 8's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.