1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Seattle to protest Arizona....partially!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by Seattle High Times

Seattle's Arizona boycott wouldn't affect red-light camera contract

Posted by Emily Heffter

The Seattle City Council will consider a resolution Monday afternoon to protest Arizona's new illegal-immigration law through a city boycott of goods and services from Arizona.

Councilmember Sally Clark sponsored the legislation, which she says makes a statement about the city's disapproval of Arizona's approach. But the resolution was carefully crafted so as not to interfere with the city's biggest contract with an Arizona company: the red-light camera agreement with American Traffic Solutions, which is up for renewal early next year.
    The legislation hedges thusly:

City Departments should to the extent practicable, and in instances where there is no conflict with law or prior contractual agreements, (1) refrain from entering into any new or amended contracts to purchase goods or services from any company that is headquartered in Arizona, and (2) avoid sending City officials or employees to conferences or events in Arizona.

The city pays the Scottsdale-based company about $106,000 a month to operate cameras at 29 intersections.

"If we can't meet the needs of city services and provide for the efficient provision of those services, then we would still contract with an Arizona company," Clark said in an interview last week.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'd treat this about the same way Barrett did when California banned the 50BMG from law abidding citizens!

ss

3. neofight

neofight TS Member

That's okay. I quit drinking Starbucks coffee and will probably buy a Dillon reloader that is built in Arizona, so it'll all balance out now.

4. BlkSmoke

BlkSmoke Member

This is absolutely insane! We have American cities (L.A., S.F., Seattle, etc.) boycotting goods and services from one of the fellow states because that state is standing up for our country. Everyone should take a hard look at what AZ is doing and follow suit. It’s time we protect ourselves for once. The AZ immigration laws have nothing to do with racism, like some are say, it has to do with taking care of the illegal immigration problem, period! These illegal’s are part of what’s sucking this country dry. It’s funny to me that asking a person to show ID is considered racist or is somehow violating their civil rights? What..? What rights do ILLEGAL immigrants have? And if you’re not here illegally, why do you care? This country needs to wake up!!!!

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I am really glad that someone besides me noticed that now we have American people and American Companys boycotting other American people in the United States of America for the sake of a bunch of Illegal aliens ... What part of "ILLEGAL" do people not understand when they take such actions ... The "Illegals" are sucking this country and all of its social resourses dry and some of the American people don't think thats enough already ... I sent an E Mail to the Chicago Cubs Organization and told them to stick their bunch of Prima Donna Illegals professional baseball players where the sun don't shine and keep them the Hell out of Arizona for Spring Training because we in Arizona will be boycotting them for a start ... This is rediculous and its only going to get more rediculous as time goes by if the rest of the American people don't open their mouth and let these people know what the Hell is going on ... Boycott anything and anybody who is against the laws that are in place for the Illegals ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. loop02

loop02 Member

I think that if you research interstate commerce laws, full faith and credit statutes, et'c., You will find boycots of this type illegal. If I was an Arizona company, and Seattle did that to me, I would have my foot so far up their ass(legally speaking) that they couldn't breathe. What do you think Seattle would say if you refused them services based on their boycot of Arizona? Say no electric Service?

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

I don't expect any common sense from the Cereal State (Fruits, Nuts, and Flakes). WA is a bit of surprise.

It would be helpful if a major state like Texas would join with Arizona. It is easy to pick on a state that does not have a lot of clout. Those misguided fools may think twice about boycotting Texas - or the Texans boycotting them.

Just when I think I have seen all the stupidity one should suffer, I witness more. I continue to lose hope that our country will be able weather the constant erosion of our foundation.

Don Verna

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

West Coast freaks.

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Don't those idiots have a tree to hug? Maybe a bowl of Spotted Owl soup would help?

Curt

10. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Screw Seattle!...Bill

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I'd love to see a boycott of any group or state that boycotts Arizona..

12. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

I live in Eastern Washington and people here don't agree with the 'liberal west coast' dems!

13. oletymer

oletymer Member

I too live on the east side of the Cascades. The west side should be called California North.

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Send Seattle the bill for the services to the illegals and see how long they like "welcoming" them in.

LA gets a lot of water and electricity from AZ as well,,,,wonder if they considered that when the screamed boycott????

15. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

If Arizona cuts off their power for the first time we could have liberals in America that weren't hypocrites. They are against any kind of power adequate enough to run their homes and their cars, let them do without power. Now if only we could figure a way to dump the 30 million illegal Mexicans in Seattle and San Francisco. Did you hear Obama apologizing to the President of Mexico today for our racism, a few days after apologizing to China for our human rights abuses. This is bizarro liberal world. Up is down and down is up.

16. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

No! No! No! Seattle would figure out some way to ship them to Eastern Washington and make the east pay for the trip!
    Dick C.

17. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I live in Eastern WA, as Arizona needs a border fence, I would like to see a Cascade fence and anyone who has a westside address has to pay a toll to get through it to visit the east side!

The money collected will then go to all those who live on the east side who'es jobs has been done away with because of the west sides intrusion.

There may be good people on the west side BUT they are way out numbered by the local lib's! OH YA, the dead vote on the west side just like Chicago!

18. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I live so far west, I'm west of Seattle. Most of Washington is controlled by just 2 counties, which includes Seattle. The things that comes out of Seattle make the rest of the state just shake their head in disbelief. The Seattle group wants to boycott Arizona, but only on things that doesn't hit Seattles pocket book, like the traffic light (photo tickets) contract that sends $106,000 of Washington money to Arizona each month, but Seattle gets to keep tens of $1,000's over that. Also, not to boycott where the Seattle baseball team does their spring training. What a bunch of BS!! If you want to boycott a State, boycott everything, not pick and choose. Just shows how shallow most of these idiots are!

Tomas

19. BlkSmoke

BlkSmoke Member

Funny youtube video. Makes a lot of sense

20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Boulder, Colorado, home of some way out fruit cakes, would boycott AZ too.

Only problem is they get their tofu somewhere else, and have no way to get their licks in.

Unless they promise not to go there. That'll have AZ shaking in their boots, oh yeah.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.