1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Seattle/Tacoma, WA

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Chichay, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Visiting Seattle/Tacoma for two weeks this summer. Would appreciate tips from people familiar with the area. Thanks. Chichay

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Run Run as fast as you can to the east side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Hawkeye Kid

Hawkeye Kid TS Member

Give me a call. I live in the Seattle/Tacoma area( for over 30 years)

Hank- 360-870-8398

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

http://www.seattle.gov/visiting/ Look at this site.

5. WGB

WGB Member

Lots of venues for entertainment, Seattle waterfront, Space Needle, Pikes Place Market, EMP Music building, take a ferry out to an island, salmon fishing, check out the San Juans, Seattle Trap and Skeet Club.
    Tacoma Glass Museum, great pubs.

The east side of the state, over the Cascade Mountains is drier, has some fair hunting and fishing but other than that it's red-necks, 10 wide trailers and empty. :)

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The Seattle waterfront (along Alaskan Way). Numerous shops, restaurants, an aquarium, etc. Nearby are the underground tours (sign up very early in the morning for them as they book quickly). Located in this area is the 100 year old Pike Place Fish market.
    http://www.pikeplacemarket.org/

Not far from there is the Space Needle, and the Seattle Science Center (actually used in a Star Trek episode in the 1960s). The monorail runs through the area too. (The World's Fair was held here in 1962.)

Since you have two weeks, you might detour out of town to the east to Snoqualmie Falls, which is not far from Seattle.

To the SE is Mt. Rainer National Park.

On the other side of Puget Sound to the NW is Port Townsend. This is a charming town with a lot of old homes and buildings. The old downtown area is worth spending a day wandering from shop to shop. Lots of bed and breakfasts there too. It's possible to drive south of Tacoma and take a land route up to it. It's also possible to cross Puget Sound on a ferry and then drive there. I would much rather spend time in Port Townsend than in Seattle.

If you like crab, find a place that serves fresh Dungeness Crab. As far as I'm concerned this is the sweetest, most succulent crab there is.

If you're into old railroads, check these out:

Mt. Rainer Scenic Railroad
    http://www.mrsr.com/

Chehalis-Centralia Railroad
    90 minutes south of Seattle on I-5.
    http://www.steamtrainride.com/

If you're into boating, check out the Center for Wooden Boats.
    On weekends you can go out on Puget Sound in boats. Kids too.
    http://www.cwb.org/

7. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

WBG the only thing empty is your head MX8Dave

8. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

WGB I forgot to add ,,an ex coastie,,,MX8Dave

9. oletymer

oletymer Member

I agree with MX8dave. The west side of the cascades is like California north. It's a great place to be from.

10. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Don't know what part of the country you're from but if it's not mountainous then there is a really neat place for you to go. You can find seafood, markets, cafes etc in any city - I grew up in the eastern foothills (Yakima) and not all of us are rednecks, although Spanish fluency would help now. But I've lived in Tacoma and Seattle and the greatest thing to go see is "the mountain". Get in your car and head to Puyallup and hit hwy 410. Take it all the way over Chinook pass, down the grade on the east side, have lunch at Whistlin Jack's and head back to the coast - it's a drive well remembered.

11. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

Hey ,,Olytimer ,,would you PM me ,,,thanks ,,MX8Dave

12. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Chichay,
    A couple of questions...........

1. Are you coming to shoot? If so, check out Kenmorerange.com, it's one of just a couple of gun clubs in the metro area. Trapshooting on Tuesday night, Thursday night, and the weekend days. (about 30 minutes NE of downtown)

2. Have brunch at the Newcastle Golf Club. One of the best urban viewpoints in America. Brunch is outstanding.

3. Hit a Mariners game at Safeco Field. Great ballpark.

4. Museum of Flight. This is at Boeing Field and a great experience.

5. If you want a fancy dinner, hit El Gauchos in either Bellevue or Seattle. Get the Caesar salad, Chateaubriand, and Bananas Foster. It's about as good as you'll get for a meal in town.

6. Ray's Boathouse or the Ivar's Salmon House are popular restaurants for seafood. There are many but those are a couple of popular ones..........

7. Spend a couple of days in the San Juan Islands. Just beautiful and very relaxing. Google Friday Harbor or go to www.rosarioresort.com as a starting point.

8. Go to Mount Rainier, Mount St Helens, etc as mentioned above. There's a ton of good hiking.

9. If you want a fun night out on the town, hit up Teatro Zinzanni. Just Google it. Fun night. Dinner and a show. Great place to take the wife/girlfriend.

10. If you're coming the first weekend in August, hit Seafair on Sunday on Lake Washington. Hydroplane racing on Lake Washington, Blue Angels, etc. Quintessential Seattle experience.........

13. WGB

WGB Member

Hey MX8Dave,

Who watches the 10' wide when you go into town looking for a computer to email on?

I like the east side too, if all the residents went back to Mexico or Alabama.

14. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

The west side wouldn't be so bad if any of those whose parents were not born there would pack them up and move to where they came from along with them ,,So where did you come from ????MX8Dave,,,,By the way we have fiber optics here at our newer home MX8Dave

15. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

I don't want to get into the middle of anything here but mx8dave, didn't you have the entire Wilson Creek Fire Dept in your reloading room when you set it on fire trying to reload?

16. bobcatv

bobcatv TS Member

You may want to take in a concert at the Gorge Amphitheater. It's a great place to watch a concert. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from Seattle.

17. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thank you very much for all the responses. Looking forward to this trip. Chichay

18. craigos

craigos Member

If you want to go sporting clays shooting I have a couple of guns can loan you to shoot with you and will take you - its about 30-40 min out of town at a ll volunteer club the seattle skeet and trap.

Just PM me if interested.

19. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

You guy's have ALL that over there?

I thought it just rained all the time!!

That why you have web between your toes and moss behind your ear!! So, I was told

The wet side would be a nice place to live if all the liberals left and went back to Calif.

Good luck, Chichay!!

20. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The Boeing Tour Center at Paine Field in Everett is designed for visitors. The tours are about $15 but if you buy a 787 Dreamliner you get in free - and all the Pepsi you can drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

seattle area trapshooting