1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sears supports the troops

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starship, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starship

starship TS Member

Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

I Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following
    e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
    Sears Customer Care
    webcenter@sears.com
    1-800-349-4358

This is also verified by Snopes.com at:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp (shows the entire article)

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

That is good-- Sears should be commended by all of us

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Bobshouse

Bobshouse TS Member

Sears is great, till you fall behind on your Sear's card payments.. I hear they are one of the few companies that will show up at your bankruptcy hearing and demand payment or merchandise for the amount you owe.

Now before the flaming starts, I personally have never had a problem with Sears, I shop there regularly and have purchased numerous household appliances. I do not have a Sears card, as I pay cash for all my purchases.

Its great to know they are supporting our military.

4. Cy-Kick

Cy-Kick TS Member

FYI - Sears card is issued by CitiBank(South Dakota) NA

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Bulls**t.....Whatever Sears does, it does for its cooperate pocket book! Wise up! Oh, wait a minute....I think I'm feeling the cooperate tug on my heartstrings!

6. starship

starship TS Member

Hey Hipshot3, sounds to me like you need that new surgery.

Where they remove your optic nerve from your anus and helps to cure your shi**y outlook on life.

7. grammie

grammie TS Member

Starship:

Are you an employee of Sears,,or a family member of an employee????

Why would a normal citizen classify Sears as 1st----an exemplary "corporate citizen" and then suggest we all shop there???? Hmmmmmmmm!!!!

I wonder,,,,,,,Why are all the corporate offices of Sears Concessionaire Holders all in Nova Scotia,,,could it be that they claim to be a "foreign entity" and that allows them to escape paying U.S. taxes????? Sears may support the troops,,,,but could it be they don't support paying taxes,,and depend on you the consumer to pay for Sears war effort this close to the holiday shopping frenzy,,,,that may or MAY NOT happen?????

An "exemplary corporate citizen",,,,,,,Would it be to forward to ask if a "Sears" rep didn't write this theirselves????

AKA Grammie............

8. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Sears is owned by K Mart doesnt sell guns anymore use to be a good sportmens
    store . Now its overpriced and sucks up to Libs

9. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

What's that? Sears belongs to Wal-Mart? No wonder they are screwed up! I'm gonna complain to that nice little old lady in tennis shoes who meets me at the door next time I go to Wally World. That ought to do it!

10. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Oh my God! I screwed up! They ain't got no nice little old ladies a K-mart do they? Who the hell can I complain to? Crap!

11. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Having been deployed as a Reservist any thing a company does is greatly appressaited and helps releave some of the stress from both the soldier and there family. The military's inssurace for families isn't/wasn't very good for most of us and a lot did not live near a military hospital.
    All a bussiness has to do is give them their job back up to 5 yrs with honorable any pay increases across the board or time earned promotions. But a lot claimed it was a temporary position and our soldiers lost everthing.
    So even if it's SEARS sales gimeck our soldiers benifet USARMY RET.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.