1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Sealing stickers on barrels

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Boxer's1, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxer's1

Boxer's1 TS Member

I was wondering if anybody new of anything you can put over barrel stickers that would kinda seal the edges? Like a clear coat. But that is safe for the blueing. Any info is appreciated

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

No, there is nothing you can put over them that will not be a pain in the ass to remove or ruin your finish.

You could always have the decals made with a better quality vinyl which will stick the barrels unless you really want to remove them.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Clear nail polish? HMB

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

Clear nail polish won't tolerate the barrel heat for very long.

Just apply the stickers as directed and replace them when they give up. Nothing lasts forever.

Keller

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Active Member

I was curious and hoping for the answer as to why someone would put stickers on their barrels?

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

I won't put any stickers on my Barrells as I don't want to take a chance on RUST or anything that could detract from the Bluing and really hurt it's resale value. But that is just me, to each his own.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I always wonder why some people question someone putting stickers or anything else on their gun???

I remember when I got into trap shooting, the racks were always full of Model 12's, BT99's and 1100's. Picking up someone else's gun in error was a common occurance. Many of us put a decal of some type on the stock or a label with our name on the grip end cap or forearm to help prevent the problem.

8. Bertmuss

Bertmuss Member

Claybrdr, I think it's a thing similar to the ghetto driver that has to put the brand of car he's driving across the windshield, as if anyone who can't tell would really care... Or, an unspoken excuse for why he missed that last target.

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

<blockquote><I>"I was curious and hoping for the answer as to why someone would put stickers on their barrels?"</I></blockquote>Aw... they saw all them 'lympic shooters with "Perrazi" stickers all over their barrels and thought maybe their competition would quake with fear and give up if they saw the guy next to 'em shooting a gun just like that too.

Keller

10. revbook

revbook Member

Stickers on barrels......maybe if they paid me a sponsorship fee. Otherwise....why? Kind of like Minnie Pearl with the price tag on her hat.

Don in PA

11. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I put a Ljutic sticker on my Perazzi and shot a decent score with it..........not as well as with the Ljutic, but decent.

12. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Active Member

The guy to go to for barrel stickers is Ronald Baker-trapstickers@usa.net. I got great service from him, and the barrel stickers look like new after a couple thousand rounds in near hundred degree temperatures.

13. ken1okie

ken1okie Member

I put a "Not your gun" sticker on mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.