1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sea Island Ga. Shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1perazzi, Jun 24, 2013.

1. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

Hi All We are planning a family vacation to Sea Island Ga. in Aug. Has anyone here shot at their shooting club? Should I bring my own gun or use the club guns? Cheers

2. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

Anybody?

3. joee12

joee12 Member

I live in Savannah and never hear about the club down there. If you care to drive an hour up here, you are welcome to shoot with me at Mossy Oak Gun Club/Hunter Army Airfield, Joe

4. EEB

EEB Member

I have not shot there, but I have heard they are required to use steel shot.

5. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

Thanks Joe. I might take you up on that. All I shoot are my home club is steel so that's not a problem.

6. MR870

MR870 Member

Forest City in Savannah.

7. Firewater

Firewater Member

Forget forest city, if you are not a member.If you have several thousand to spend on membership they might let you join with a sponser. check their website.Already tried to shoot there,even with my son stationed nearby at Parris Island Marine Depot.They told me no three times so I figured they meant it. Mike

8. kentuckyduke

kentuckyduke TS Supporters TS Supporters

I had a friend that shot there once. 18 dollars a round and had to buy steel ammo from the club. That was in 2007-2008.

9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I went there last year and seems like it was $50.00 a round. They had trap and skeet. They also had five stand but I didn't shoot that. The price included a gun and a box of steel shot shells. There are much cheaper places to shoot but are 30 to 45 miles from Brunswick. Amelia Shotgun Sports is around 30 miles and they have trap, skeet, sporting clays, and five stand. I didnt' know they had a range at the military base in Savannah so will have to visit there myself. Jackie B.

10. klightfoot

klightfoot TS Member

I actually live very near the Sea Island range. It's really set up to offer something for resort guests. It's not serious shooting. They have 2 skeet fields with 1 trap incorporated into it. One 5 stand and a sporting course. My guess is 35-40 dollars per 25 targets. They do shoot steel shot. They have Beretta semis and O/U to use.Reservations are suggested. Friendly local staff is the only reason I drop by and then it's only to BS

11. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

For those who want to shoot Savannah contact Billy Griffin. Maybe the club will give his contact info. Nice Guy and likes to shoot trap. Jake

12. Firewater

Firewater Member

Hey Jake, they would not let us shoot at forest City,but I discovered Beaufort Marine Air Station. They have a nice club. I think 2 trap and 2 skeet, all you have to do is sign in at the gate.They shoot in the am .Overlooks a beautiful river. Mike

13. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Mike, sorry to hear about Savannah, it is a nice facility. Too bad it's over run with "snobs". Had to be a reason Billy and his wife gave up the trap program. Jake

14. joee12

joee12 Member

Mike, unfortuantley the military closed down the range on the Air Station in Beaufort last year, Joe