1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SE PA High School club seeks another for shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jack L. Smith, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Recently, my son's school has OK'd a trap club and they have had a few shoots. Now that the weather is better, they seek to schedule a friendly shoot against another high school trap club in somewhere in SE PA. Low key, safe, sportsmanlike and friendly. I guess there are less than 10 kids that may participate, as the club is new and just getting started.

Does anybody know of a HS team or club in Chester, Lancaster, Delaware or Bucks county PA that may be open to a chat about a shoot together?

thanks,

JS in PA

2. pdq

pdq Member

Check with The Haverford School in Haverford PA (outside Philly). Someone mentioned recently they have a team.

Pete

3. det131

det131 Member

JS

Call or e-mail me.

Located in Bucks County, PA.

Google Maps 1745 Turk Rd. Doylestown, PA 18901 you can get an aerial view of our facility.

215-675-6051, 215-783-0847, jimjmb@aol.com

Jim

4. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Pete, thats the school my son attends. Ha, Go figure! Word gets around.

thanks,

js

5. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

or....Montgomery County too.

js

6. det131

det131 Member

Jack:

Got your message. Will call you later this date.

Jim

7. pdq

pdq Member

Jack:

I'm a range officer over at Delaware County Field and Stream, and someone had a handful of the students over there Saturday afternoon for practice. I was watching from a distance, but one young man was very good.

Good to see young people getting involved.

Pete

8. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Hi Pete, this is too funny - if the shoot was just this past Saturday, 3/6, around 2:30 - that was us! The Haverford School has started a trap club and a member of F&S is kind enough to get us situated over there. The club's best shooter was not there Saturday(Nick Desatnick).

However if the young good shooter was in just a white tee shirt & jeans, no hat and shooting an 870, that was my son Murphy. (aged 16) His older brother (aged 22) did not do as well; he is a lefty and just getting started.

Our thanks to your club for our participation there. I shot too, (2X) and found the targets to be great & consistant. Last April I shot some registered targets at F&S at a 100 bird shoot. The targets have been excellent.

BTW, a young man named Shawn introduced himself on behalf of F&S as a range helper, and was he very helpful and mature in his approach. He also handled our fees etc, - he's a keeper for your organization.

Thanks again.

Jack Smith

9. Basicdesignmachine

Basicdesignmachine TS Member

Lehigh Valley Scholastic Shooting Team Located in Lehigh County. PM or email me.

10. SEPAShooter

SEPAShooter TS Member

Jack
    We have some young shooters from the youth group at Lower Pottsgrove Sportsmen Assoc., I,m sure would like to get together and shoot.
    Give me a call 610-209-4959 anytime and see what we can set up.

Jim Whitmore

11. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

How did you get the school to go along with a trap shooting team? I have been in discussion with my sons school district (Downingtown, I shoot at West Chester Gun Club)but its deemed too controversial. Any guidance or help would be gladly recvd.

12. SEPAShooter

SEPAShooter TS Member

tt for jack

13. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

FYI on the school coordination. I answered Jwolf with PM. If anybody else is interested in our experience in starting a HS trap club ("club" is important) PM me and I'll reply with details.

Thanks SEPA shooter for the ttt.

js

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.