1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCTP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by vanman, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanman

vanman TS Member

Good Day,

Do you know of a gun club that pays for all or any portion of the shooting fees for their SCTP program? Our club has reduced shooting fees for SCTP shooters and I'm trying to be the middle in a battle between a few who think the club should pay for it all and a few who believe they are doing more than enough! Your thoughts and comments will be helpful.

Van

2. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

Van,

Our club throws free targets for our SCTP team during their Sunday practices. They will also have raffles, and that money goes towards the cost of targets and team shirts. We start practices at the end of March and finish up the week before the Grand. The rest of the expenses are the responsibility of each team member. The only downside of this is that we find that some of the kids do it for fun, and never show up then for the State shoot or the Grand. We started out with about 45 kids, and now have 5 teams going to the Grand. A big key to our club's support also is that some our the kids also work at the club and have a good relationship with the members. The members enjoy watching them grow and become successful shooters.

3. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

Last year when I shot in the SCTP the club reduced our target prices to $2.00 a round, and they paid the entry fees for all the kids that attended the grand from our gun club.

4. blooper

blooper TS Member

Van, If i was in the middle i would suggest that reduced target fees are enough, however why don't you see if your club would sponsor the cost for the state championship fees (for example) Reward the kids that have perfect attendance for their club SCTP practices by paying the state champ fees. In my experience only about 1/2 of the kids that you start out with stick with the SCTP program .... See if these dedicated SCTP shooters can help out with a work project at your club... Make sure that your SCTP team chooses a name that reflects your clubs name to give your club the recognition it deserves, so all of your members can be proud of them

5. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Our club charged reduced practice fees. 1/2 price for all Juniors in sanctioned events. We provide free shells for the SCTP events. And whatever is left over (after leaving a start up balance for next year) we distribute the monies equally to all attending the Grand. Offsets their travel and entry fee's. Wonderful program and worthy of all the support we can give it. - Jim

6. Spazdad

Spazdad TS Member

Van,

I believe that a club that offers reduced practice fees and supports the kids with quality coaching and members that make the kids feel welcome to be there is more than enough. My son is lucky enough to have shot with 2 clubs that do just that. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jim Elliott and the Sacramento Trap Club for doing all it has. Another gigantic thanks goes to Joan and George Ahart for opening their hearts and giving our kids a home at Coon Creek Gun Club and allowing us to merge our SCTP Teams. We have quality kids and a great group of supportive families that make it happen. IMO if the kids and family don't have to "give" something to the program aren't going to "get" that much out of it. Quality does have a "price". - Gary

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

Reduced fee's are more than enough. If the kids are at all serious or the parents are at all serious about supporting there children they to should be ready to help support them financially in there sports.

Reduced fee's ... yes.

Totally free ... NO.

Get out of the middle and be happy with what they give you. They could very easily say sorry but they no longer want to support the program at all and then where will you be?

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Are club cut the practice rounds to $2.50. also cut the target fee in shoots to half price.

9. vanman

vanman TS Member

Thank You All Very Much. I do appreciate your comments and will provide those concerned with a little incite from those already involved.

Thanks,

Van

10. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Our club provides free targets for their practices in return for them working at our events. We also offer $5 off/hundred to all juniors for our ATA shoots.

The Youth team is actually a seperate entity from the club. They simply hold their practices at the facility. They do all their own fund raising.

Tim

11. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Reduced rounds, birds shell? YES

League Sponsors having option of getting another plaque, or letting that money go to SCTP? YES

SCTP fundraisers? Benifit shoots, working ATA or other shoots, etc. YES

Totally free? NOT

AL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how does my son be ome an sctp member