1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCTP T-SHIRTS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

The leader of our SCTP program told us last night that nationwide, the SCTP is not issuing T-shirts as they have in the past, just ball caps. Does anyone know more about why the change?

Guy

2. wizard!

wizard! TS Member

The reason is money. SCTP has about 10,000 participants this year. A hat and shirt probably cost over $100,000 to the NSSF plus shipping. This is not small change.
    Joe

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I assumed as much Joe, although the fees we paid this year were twice that of last year--less for more... no problem, it's the way the world works it seems.

I'd like to come up with shirts for our team to wear to State and the Grand.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a T-shirt vendor and what kinds of costs would be involved associated with a custom team shirt?

Thanks

Guy,
    Maryland

4. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Guy,

Please contact me at the above e-mail address and I will work with you on some tee shirts for the team.

Tom

5. short-run

short-run TS Member

WE were told there were no t-shirts this year because the hats were upgraded

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Thanks Tom! You have mail.

Guy

7. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

What fees? We did not pay any "fees" this year in MI. (Not to join anyway.) Maybe next year. Does the state of MD charge for SCTP teams?

Trapgeek

(Leslie York)

8. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

I was going to recommend Tom at Alsteen's Apparel but I see he has already chimed in. He should be able to get access to the SCTP logo if that is needed as part of the design. Tom does great work at reasonable prices. The annual dues for my son's SCTP team was $75 which included a very nice embroidered polo shirt and the hat. The team members all wear their shirts on competition day, as is the practice with virtually every team out here in california.

9. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Well then it was your "team" that charged a fee. The National SCTP did not charge a fee this year. We don't charge one either.

What we do, however, is take orders for T-shirts for those shooters who want them. We get them cheap ($8) and the coaches have been know to buy one for a poor kid (if they come, shoot, are a good kid, and wants one).

trapgeek

10. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

trapgeek,

I didn't mean to imply that SCTP charged us anything. The fees are strictly a local issue and vary widely depending on the individual programs.

ffwildcat,

Thanks for the endorsement on Tom. I've been in contact already and will pursue.

Guy

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Tom, I've Emailed files showing what I'm thinking about. I also included all of my contact info. Thanks for your assistance.

Guy

12. blooper

blooper TS Member

Just received the hats and two coaches shirts...both shirts were the wrong size

13. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Both of my sons received hats, not t shirts. I would like to get them a t shirt if they were available.

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hey, Guy... Another plug for Tom. Alsteen's really cares about trapshooters and gives back to the sport. They also do really good work. I can show you what they sent for our club if you like.

15. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Go with Alsteens.... with all that he did for those kids that he donated two guns for I say give him the business!!!!!!...Kym

16. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Devi & Kym, I appreciate the endorsements. Tom is working up a quote for me now.

It bothers me that the SCTP provided the coaches with shirts--VERY nice collared, shooting pad, ventilated back, embroidered, etc. shirts; but not even a cheap SCTP T for the kids. I just wish I would have known this earlier so that our team would have their shirts ready for the State shoot.

Next year, they'll have better shirts than the coaches--I'll see to it!

Guy

17. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Kym,

Actually, it was my son, Ted (870AA), who gave the 3 Remington 870's to the different youth groups. I've given quite a bit of stuff, but never a gun.

Tomas

18. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

WHomever it was they deserve a great big thanks!!!! So Keep it in the ALsteen family hows that????!!! Kym

19. blooper

blooper TS Member

I hope the NSSF/SCTP can find a better supplier for the caps and coaches shirts in future years ...After the cluster i've been through with FINE PRODUCTS their present supplier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.