1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCTP questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tachyon, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tachyon

tachyon Member

The SCTP website seems to be woefully inadequate. I cannot find any schedule of shoots for Nebraska. It states that teams must be registered one month before their state shoot but no schedule of shoots is listed. The results section is a joke with a whole bunch of "not founds".

My understanding is that the head coach must be certified, have a background check and take an on line class. Correct?
    Cost is $15 per shooter?
    How are teams determined, by club, school, 4-H. Does SCTP have a true high school team division?
    When/where is the state shoot for Nebraska?
    Are there target requirements for attending nationals? I remember that in 2005, the last time we competed only 4 teams per state qualified to go. Is this still the case?

How does SCTP determine their champion? Someone told me that last year was a real mess and said they changed the rules during the tournament. I cannot believe that.

I have a bunch of girls that want to shoot this summer and was thinking that either AIM or SCTP would be a fun option to consider.

2. Stan B.

Stan B. TS Member

http://www.shootsctp.org/
    This should give you all the contact and start-up info you need.
    Click on 'teams' and pick your state. The state contact info for Nebraska is there.
    Click on the 'handbook' icon for team organization requirements and credentialing info.

Hope this helps,
    Stan B.

3. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

SCTP Director of Development is Tom Wondrash.

North Central: IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, OH, OK, SD, WI

I'm sure Tom would love to see some more teams in NE.

State Advisor David Stunkel 308-872-5045

Yes, the website is woefully out of date and poorly managed. I don't know why they have not made that a priority in today's on-line world.

Any team can shoot at Nationals if they shoot in an SCTP State Shoot, not just the top four teams.

There are special categories for 4H and High School based teams along with the overall.

Your also correct that the SCTP Nationals had issues last year, the main reason for those issues is no longer at SCTP. I believe you will see much better run program this year.

Best things about SCTP are its about the kids, unlike the AIM program who treat kids like a ugly step child. The SCTP insurance is outstanding on the shooters and coaches and the Midway Endowment programs are absolutely outstanding for money raising and outfitting your teams.

SW

4. tachyon

tachyon Member

So the Nebraska advisor is listed but when you click on the 'send message" button you get an error

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please

If you select Nebraska on the calendar you also get an error message.

5. tachyon

tachyon Member

Thanks SW I will try the Director of development and see if I can get some answers. It is ironic that in 4 weeks we will have 2,000+ kids at our state shoot run by Nebraska Game and Parks but very little interest in SCTP or AIM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.