1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCTP Program

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by The Loud One, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loud One

The Loud One TS Member

Wow, the scores these kids are shooting are amazing. While looking over the results page @ the NSSF web page, I found 6-200's in the Varsity division and another in the Intermediate Advanced class. Too bad they don’t shoot-off for individual trophies, I'll bet that would have been a great one.

It also looks like there was a tie for the team championship in varsity with a 987. That is some great shooting for any squad! THESE KIDS ARE GOOD!

Congratulations to all the kids, coaches and parents. A big thanks you goes out to all the staff and volunteers who run this program.

Greg

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Just returned home from the SCTP shoot at Sparta.

Being parent of an Intermediate-Entry shooter this was our first year. I was very pleased with the shoot overall. Ten degrees cooler would have been nice!!!!

The program was very smooth and while we did have troubles with two of the speakers on 25C Monday that messed-up the kids and probably cost a few birds, other than that our squads seemed to go flawlessly. I tried to use that experience to coach my son that the best shooters work though those issues and don't let it affect them. Overall the pullers/scorers did fine despite the heat.

I like that the SCTP shooters were the show and did not take second place to anyone. (We seem to get lost when shooting as part of a bigger event.)

Scores were posted about an hour after the completion of shooting and were on SCTP website when we got home this afternoon.

As LOUD said above I was extremely impressed with the talent of these young shooters from all over the country. Scores I will never attain in my lifetime.

Congratulations to all the shooters and a big THANK YOU to all the coaches and workers for all their time and efforts.

I never imagined how much being involved with the SCTP this year has helped my son mature and this experience was the icing on the cake! He shot his first 50 one day after my birthday... what else could a Dad ask for? How about a return trip back next year.

SW

3. The Loud One

The Loud One TS Member

Here is a link to the press release that NSSF has published.

4. XT COMBO

XT COMBO TS Member

This was our first year to attend the SCTP Championships as well as our first trip to the Grand. I could not have been more pleased with the shoot or the great people we came in contact with. The kids had nothing but a positive experience. I can not say that I have ever attended a shoot that was run any better than the SCTP shoot was. Sure there were some minor problems with equipment and such, but this happens at any shoot. The facilities are fantastic and absolutely everyone we had contact with were friendly and helpful. Overall it was a great experience for the kids and the coaches. (the coaches stayed and shot the first day at the Grand for the first time)
    Steve Hartley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.