1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCTP Organizers, Directors or Coaches

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

For the last couple of years, I have been trying to contact organizers or directors of this fine organization. I wanted to offer their coaches "Stock Fitting Secrets" books at a considerable price reduction when ordered in quantity. Price per book would depend on the quantity ordered. The same would apply for groups of 4H coaches as well.

These are great organizations and the book would be valuable to those working with youths in all shooting discipline.

To date, I have been unsuccessful. Any suggestions?

Rollin

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Rollin,

I'm guessing you have approached the national body and gotten nowhere. have you approached the state directors one-on-one?

you're right, it is an awesome book and useful for shooters at all levels.

i suppose the barrier is that the SCTP is fundamentally a grass roots effort with most of the heavy lifting occurring at the local clubs with the state and national bodies fulfilling administrative functions (simplified view). the money would have to come out of the shooters pockets at some point.

3. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Literalist: Did someone rattle your cage? Can't someone be trying to help without ulterior motives?

4. Rollin Oswald

ffwildcat- I made several attempts but I do not remember who I contacted. I'm reasonably sure I made no attempt to contact the state directors.

Rollin

5. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

A PFS is the answer to youngsters that keep growing. Just adjust to fit.

Augie

6. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

I’m not sure what your offer is Rollin, but if you’re after the State directors, just click on this URL: http://www.nssf.org/SCTP/StateDirs.cfm and you should find them all.

7. Rollin Oswald

doggai/John F - You raise an important point. The book would however, let the coaches determine what dimensions do not fit the kids and the problems they would encounter as a result.

They could then pad the combs to raise them, correct the pitch and change their stance to help compensate for stocks that are too long. It would also explain the correct shooting forms if the coached were not familiar with them.

lkn4rocks - Thank you. I will see what can be done to work with them.

I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Rollin

8. Rollin Oswald

lkn4rocks - The link you provided was exactly what I needed. Things are progressing. Thank you again.

Rollin

9. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

You're telling us, you've been "trying" to reach this well-known organization - for TWO YEARS - but you just can't seem to do it?

Have you ever once had a table or booth at an ATA registered shoot?

News flash - SCTP has been at EVERY STATE SHOOT and GRAND AMERICAN for the PAST SEVERAL YEARS! If you ever attended an actual ATA trapshoot, you couldn't HELP but bump into these people you're supposedly seeking.

Personally, I'd be surprised if you've even lifted a finger to make contact with this organization, other than tapping this new thread onto your computer keyboard yesterday.

I'm 100% behind Denny on this one...whatta buncha crap.

GET OFF YOUR ASS,,,AND GO TO A REGISTERED ATA SHOOT.

10. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Gene and Earl,
    Thank you for your posts. It amazes me how often people get attacked on here. I have seen new people ask simple questions that are very real to them and the "dogs" come out. Then we ask why there aren't a lot of new shooters.
    Notice how Rollin did not respond to the negative posts. Obviously a man with class, who did not want to lower himself. I have his book and I am a big fan.

11. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

He writes as though SCTP is some kind of "secret" organization, and he needs our help to "find" it. Again I say, whatta bunch of BS.

If he was in any way involved with the sport he's trying to harvest money off of, he would have had PLENTY of opportunities to approach SCTP coaches and volunteers. (Again, they're at every State Shoot, just walk up and say "Hi").

He doesn't want to make the effort to approach SCTP. He just wants to sit behind his computer keyboard, tapping out his little twice-a-week sales postings, and wait for you lackeys to obediently fetch his sales leads for him.

If I know him correctly...this thread will soon disappear.

12. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Dusty, why thank you!

13. Rollin Oswald

My thanks go out to all who came to my defense in my search for information. Thanks to "ikn4rocks", communications have begun with several state SCTP key people.

Rollin

14. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Wishing you luck, Rollin...that SCTP is a pretty secretive organization, on par with Skull 'n Bones. How ever did you manage to contact them?

Was there some kind of secret handshake involved?

15. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

I've got a handshake for you buzzard but it only involves one finger - can you guess which one? what a loser!

16. ouch

ouch Member

Rollin you should really consider growing mushrooms, Because no matter how hard you try to help some one you accumulate a whole lot of manure.

When I look at the dirt bags that attack your post I struggle to remember anything positive from them.

Thank you Rollin for the book, And for all the free advise on the web. Richard

17. Rollin Oswald

You're welcome, Richard.

Some years ago, I would have responded to the negative responses. I finally realized that it is nearly impossible to change small minds and attitudes of those refusing to get counseling when they need it.

I sure would like to meet these guys though. I cannot be intimidated and can exchange insults "with the best of them".

I so liked your mushroom suggestion that I ordered a half-ton of composted manure delivered to an extra bedroom that I don't use. I have painted the Windows black and hooked up a sprinkler running from the dishwasher to keep the room damp and avoid having to water it with a hose. I plan to grow hybrid morels that were developed by a weird kid down the street after visiting Mexico. He says they are especially good with cranberry and oatmeal sandwiches.

Rollin

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.