1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCTP Nationals

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Just-A-Shooter, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just-A-Shooter

Just-A-Shooter Member

SCTP Nationals are finishing up today. Anyone have any informaton about how they went?

2. t-bar

t-bar Member

Shooting is going strong. They finished the sporting clays today, awards and opening ceremony was tonight. Good turn out. Tomorrow and Sunday will be trap and skeet. They have 180 squads of trap, not sure how many on skeet. Weather has been perfect, rained last night, temp was 90 today. Thats the first time it has reached 90 for the last two weeks.

bar

3. Gwenzilla

Gwenzilla TS Member

California proud!
    It is my understanding that California teams won First Place in 3 of the 5 divisions. Congratulations go to the following winners and to all of those who contribute to the program. Also congratulations to another California team, Oaktree, whose team finished in a very respectable 5th place.

CONGRATULATIONS - NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

CALIFORNIA TEAMS WIN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN THREE DIVISIONS
    (Sparta, Illinois - July 24-25 2009)

Livermore Young Shooters - National Champions - Junior Varsity

A&A Shooters - National Champions - Intermediate Advanced

Los Banos Tigers - National Champions - Intermediate Entry Level

4. trapsdaddy

trapsdaddy TS Member

the hoodlum alley claybusters from shelbyville tn. coach Ray Smith won the rookie division with a score of
    863 second was 824 not bad for 10 and 11 year olds
    2 50 straights

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Way to go kids....

6. Stuart

Stuart Member

The Nationals were great. Shooters from 24 States, They had about 300 competiting in Sporting, and I think that Skeet had over 400 shooters. They are already talking about shooting more days next year. So many of the kids shoot different disiplines that scheduling was a problem.
    Remington, Beretta, Browning and Ruger went the extra mile for the kids. Remington gave away 10 1100 Competitions and Bretta gave out 2 Teknys. Kids were shooting games for 3 days. Winchester gave away Ammo.
    Competion levels were unreal. I know our kids shot over 1000 rounds each in 5 days. I doubt anyone of them will ever forget it.
    Stu

7. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

Congratulations to the SCTP teams & Hoodlum Alley Claybusters. A great group of young gentlemen that has worked hard through the ups & downs of learning trapshooting. Best of Luck in the future.. Page

8. Target13

Target13 Active Member

To "Stuart" ...

Don't forget that White Flyer donated ALL the targets for the entire SCTP shoot at Sparta - Skeet; Trap and Sporting. Everyone sees the guns etc. given by the sponsors, but White Flyer donated a truckload of targets which is a considerable contribution to the shoot !!!

Just wanted to set the record straight ...... oh by the way, here are the official SCTP numbers from the shoot at Sparta :

Trap - 894 shooters

Skeet - 348 shooters

Sporting - 307 shooters

Total = 1549 Participants

Phil Murray

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

That point needed to be made. Thank you Phil and White Flyer.

10. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Well the first day of trap had some pretty tough wind. (which just made the hard rights extremely fun!) To my knowledge not 1 shooter ran the first hundred, but I could easily be wrong. Though my team is not very good, I think we would have came in first if we took out all the teams named either the "Claybusters," or the "Claydusters." All in all, great shoot, ran smoothly, sure wish it was in coordination with the Grand though.
    -Trappy

11. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

To my knowledge there were 2 100's shot on Saturday. I did watch a squad go out and shoot a round and drop 7 all together. Then the scorer proceeded to call 5 25's in a row. I was close enough o hear it and was very upset that a girl would do that type of thing. I should have said something but it was the last day and was upset at my performance so I didn't think about it. But other than that it was a great time. Sincerely, Osker Reynolds

12. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

I was impressed with the quality of the shoot.

I don't know about you but I had my concerns as to what we would find there this year with the addition of the AIM program and the questions of funding for the SCTP.

What I saw was a well-attended, well run and above all FUN shoot for our kids!

I didn't hurt that they ended up as the top pure High School team there either. Unfortunately we weren’t paying enough attention to the information the SCTP had sent out announcing the addition of this award this year.

After the kids figured out their 956 was 2 short of the tie for second and third they elected to head for the hotel and the pool so we missed out on the trophy presentation.

I know we will be back next year, and for those that are going, see you back in Sparta for the AIM Nationals.

13. Stuart

Stuart Member

Phil, I am sorry for the memory laps. Yes White Flyer was a major contributor and Phil assisted with the shoot. I would be in hopes that other companies took a good look at this shoot and the ability of the SSSF Staff to conduct a first rate shoot. I see this becoming a larger more attended shoot.
    I'm sorry Phil for forgetting you and White Flyer, probally missed others also. White Flyer has large shade tents up and down the line. That didn't come cheap.
    Phil, a question, how many targets are we going to throw durning the Grand? How many did we throw at the SCTP shoot?
    Thanks
    Stu

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'd like to say our kids finished as well as some of the other teams on here but they had a good time none the less. There was an impressive amount of talent from all over the Country.
    [​IMG]

15. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Here's one of my team...and the other one of partially the team...
    <a href='http://img190.imageshack.us/i/62541214587331447819131.jpg/'>[​IMG]</a><br/>
    <a href='http://img194.imageshack.us/i/62541214587431447819131.jpg/'>[​IMG]</a><br/>
    -Trappy

16. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

How many total shooters?

17. Mossygoose

Mossygoose Member

The Tennessee Wildlife Federation's TNSCTP program presented the Rudy Cup for the best overall performance in American trap to Blake Triplett of Puryear,TN and Linley McClain of McKenzie,TN in which both athletes shot a perfect 200 of 200. This was the first time that an athlete from Tennessee has shot a perfect 200 at the National Championships and Triplett and McClain were the only two athletes in the entire national championship competition to shoot a perfect score.

My daughter shoots with McKenzie and Linley can flat out shoot.

18. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

So what was the reasoning for the ATA to break away form the SCTP program and start the AIM program ?

19. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

It's simple Harpo....

Adults don't play well together. The kids just want to shoot.

SW

20. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I also am a little confused on this one. Why is there an apparent separation of the ATA from the SCTP program & a start up of the AIM program. How are the two different. What did the SCTP do to the ATA to make this happen. I don't have any kids young enough to shoot either program, just curious. Seems like trying to re-invent the wheel. Colonel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

linley mcclain sctp