1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCTP Nationals

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by StonewallRacing, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

2010-2011 SCTP National Team Championships July 13-16

Shelby Township, Mich. - The 2010-2011 SCTP American Style National Team Championships are set to begin on Wednesday, July 13 at The World Shooting and Recreation Complex located in Sparta, Illinois where junior shooters from all over the nation will compete for both team and individual honors in trap, skeet and sporting clays.

Preliminary Registration numbers for this year's event have been tallied and the results are as follows:

130 Teams set to compete
    1,569 Individual Participants - 6% increase over last year
    2,220 Total Entries - 16% increase over last year
    1,152 Trap Participants
    455 Skeet Participants - 22% increase over last year
    463 Sporting Clay Participants - 21% increase over last year
    1388 Male Competitors
    181 Female Competitors

SCTP will be awarding $50,000.00 in Bucket Raffle Prizes and over $25,000.00 in Team Endowment Prize Money.

Special events throughout the week include a Reception for College Scholarship Recipients and SCTP Industry Sponsors on Wednesday evening. On Thursday, the crowd pleasing World's Largest "Last Competitor Standing" Competition sponsored by Remington and Shamrock Leather will take place as well as a special Winchester Sponsored Shooting Demonstration by USA Shooting Team Members Mark Weeks and Josh Richmond. (Mark and Josh are also members of the USAMU) On Friday evening, under the lights, The White Flyer-Fiocchi "Make a Break" Shoot Out will take place (Top 8 Male Qualifiers and Top 8 Female Qualifiers) and the Winners' teams will receive a Scholastic Shooting Trust Endowment Deposit Meet and Greet with Larry and Brenda Potterfield of MidwayUSA on Saturday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. in the Main Registration Building.

"I'd like to thank all of the coaches, parents and volunteers who donate so much of their time to organize and run this event," said Executive Director, Russ Arnold. "Without the volunteers and without the generous donations and support of our Corporate Sponsors, this program wouldn't be where it is today."

With 7688 athletes from 44 different states competing in its program this year, SCTP is the largest National Youth Shot Gun Program shooting all five of the major disciplines.

The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation exists to raise funding and other resources for Youth Development Programs in the shooting sports industry.

SCTP is a youth development program where adult coaches and volunteers model sportsmanship, responsibility, honesty, ethics, integrity, and team work while using shooting sports programs to teach these and other positive life skills to SCTP athletes.

To learn more about SCTP visit their website at www.shootSCTP.org or call Russ Arnold at (817) 690-6194 or e-mail r.arnold@shootSCTP.org.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

We were a little upset that they wouldn't register the trap targets. I believe they did it for us last year. They are registering the Sporting Clays and Skeet targets but not Trap. Also there was an increase in target fees to $68 for the 200 Singles Trap event. We elected to pass on this years SCTP Trap event and shoot some extra targets prelim week of the Grand. We do not have a Sporting Clays or Skeet team.

Of course we will be shooting the AIM program August 6-7 as well.

Good luck to all of you that are shooting the SCTP Nationals. Be safe.

3. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Yup, not registering the targets, State or Nationals.

That's about 11,000 targets for our kids that won't go toward their ATA averages (State Team implications) and no fees for the ATA.

We are still shooting both but with the increase in fees, next year may be another story.

4. radtechbb

radtechbb TS Member

Our team is planning to shoot the SCTP this week. We just found out yesterday that it did not matter how many shooters you take the top 5 (for trap) scores from your team will be considered the "squad". In other words the teams that were aware of this could take 30 JR Varsity shooters and the top 5 scores of the 30 will be considered the winning squad. This also means that if you had a student move up a division you may not even have a team competing.

5. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

SCTP and ATA had thier falling-out last winter, no SCTP targets have been registered in 2011. Not the time or place to get into that battle but I sure hope they can resolve their differences before next season.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the entire TEAM gets awards if they medal, not just the five top scores. This way all the kids get to shoot and compete for their team and they control if they make the top-five. We run our High School Conference that way and it works out great.

I also agree the target fees seem a little stiff but there is huge return available to teams in Endowment money and prizes.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

We had our kid's State(IL) SCTP targets registered this year in June at the WSRC. We had to pay a little extra. Thats why we were so put off by them not doing it at the SCTP Nationals.

This bickering between the two organizations is not good for the youth shooting. We personally like the AIM program better but thats just our opinion. I wish they could come to one universal agreement where there wasn't seperate rules and classification issues. Maybe combine and make one orginization for the better of the kids. Don't seem thats possible with such different ideas on certain issues.

Just thinking out loud i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.