1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCTP National Shoot Rules

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

My school SCTP team is going to the nationals at Sparta this year. I've looked everywhere in the rules and can't seem to find straight answers to my questions. First is: Are reloads allowed at the national shoot? And: Are you allowed to rest the muzzle of your gun on your foot at Sparta? I'm not looking to get flamed for resting the gun on my foot, I've had guys jump me for it before saying that doing it is "dangerous". Just help me find my answers please. Thanks, Josh.

2. Just-A-Shooter

Just-A-Shooter Member

Josh
    You may use reloads. The ATA changed the rule requiring the use of new shells when the Grand moved to Sparta.
    The rule about not resting your gun on your toe is a SCTP rule. You should follow SCTP rules when shooting as a member of your team. What you do when shooting other events at the Grand is your business.

3. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Thanks for the information. I do know that the ATA allows you to rest your gun on your foot, I just wasn't real clear on the SCTP rule. I don't know if I'm going to shoot in the grand at all, I'd like to shoot the first day just for the experience, but I don't know yet. Thanks again, Josh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sctp rules