1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCTP HOA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by roger8918, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Ok Gang, Let me first say that I’m not looking to take anything away from the teams that received HOA trophies at the SCTP Nationals this year. They should all be congratulated for a job well done.</br>
    </br>
    I was just curious as to what the HOA scores would have been if the rules had not changed at the 11th hour. Armed with only Microsoft Excel, the information listed on www.shooterspost.com, and 2 hours of free time, I have to the best of my ability recreated the HOA results using the old format.</br>
    </br>
    Now for all of you purists out there I have one caveat, last year the coaches hand picked the squads who shot for HOA before the event. Unfortunately we did not have the opportunity to do the same this year so what I did was take each team’s top three shooters from each of the three disciplines and combine the totals giving us a HOA as close to last year’s rules as I could get. A shooter’s Divisions did not matter, if you were one of your team’s top three shooters, your score was counted.</br>
    </br>
    Enjoy!</br>
    </br>
    1 Southeastern Illinois College, IL - 1726</br>
    2 One Box Rock Crushers, NE - 1707</br>
    3 DesMoines Area Clay Crushers, IA - 1689</br>
    3 Jefferson County Patriot Shooters, TN - 1689</br>
    5 Ben Avery Clay Crushers, AZ - 1684</br>
    6 TKA Lions, SC - 1672</br>
    7 Bethel University, TN - 1669</br>
    8 Virginia Rebels, VA - 1653</br>
    9 SCTP of Central Georgia, GA - 1644</br>
    10 Oskaloosa Shooting Team, IA - 1640</br>
    11 Lead Heads, IL - 1627</br>
    12 Pinckneyville H.S. Shooting Sports, IL - 1626</br>
    13 Ft. Lee "Dusters", VA - 1622</br>
    14 McKenzie Shooting Sports, TN - 1617</br>
    15 TEAM CHEROKEE, TN - 1613</br>
    16 Clarksville High Trap Team, TN - 1606</br>
    17 Lake Oconee Shotgun Team, GA - 1590</br>
    18 Alaska SCTP, AK - 1589</br>
    19 Henry Co. No Fly Zone, TN - 1586</br>
    20 W.W.C.C.A. Crunch Bunch, MI - 1580</br>
    21 Mason-Dixon Clay Busters, PA - 1579</br>
    22 Marissa Meteor Shooting Team, IL - 1563</br>
    23 Mid Carolina Young Guns, SC - 1550</br>
    24 Burlington H.S. Demons Trap Team, WI - 1540</br>
    25 Brittany Youth Club, IL - 1538</br>
    26 White Mountain Clay Busters, AZ - 1520</br>
    27 Lowndes County 4-H SAFE TEAM, GA - 1503</br>
    28 Central Falcons Trap & Skeet, WI - 1470</br>
    29 Fin, Fur & Feather HotShots, MA - 1440</br>
    30 The Hoosier Daddys, IN - 1414</br>
    31 Colville Pepper Crushers, WA - 1383</br>

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: not looking to take anything away from the teams that received HOA trophies

Yes you are!

3. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Since the SCTP was unwilling or unable to make this information available, I did it to see how my team fared against the best teams in the country. As a coach I learned a lot from the information and I though there may be others who would like the information. Again, it is not my intention to take anything away from the teams that received HOA awards and I'm sorry if this "information" does so.<br>
    <br>
    Roger Beardsley<br>
    Mason-Dixon Clay Buster

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I'll say it again.

If you want to run a GREAT SCTP National next year, ask TN/SCTP, directed by the Tennessee Wildlife Federation under Mike Butler, Chad Whittenberg, and Andrew Peercy, how they ran their record setting MONSTER event with over TWELVE HUNDRED SHOOTERS!

The Natl' Director stated it was one of the best run of any SCTP events. It was the largest trap shoot in the history of Tn shooting, also the largest SCTP shoot ever.

Machines were lovingly serviced before the shoot, and two minor problems were fixed in a total of about 20 minutes over the week long shoot. One was a week-old band that broke. The other was a toasted control valve assy'. Spare parts were on hand, and folks tasked with repairing them literally ran to the machines to get them back on line.

The ONLY glitch we had was parking. When the parents and grand parents started showing up with tents, coolers, chairs and such, we simply ran out of room.