1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCTP Ammo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tom berry, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Does the SCTP allow reloads at the State and National shoots? I've read the SCTP handbook and I didn't see any rules regarding ammo. All I saw was a reference to the ATA rulebook, which of course does allow reloads.

2. stkelly62

stkelly62 TS Member

Knock your socks off, reload away!
    See you there.

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Yes i would like to know also.. Have some shooters that will be shooting Sporting Clays, Skeet, and Trap.

4. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

According to the folks at NSSF there is no restriction on ammo as far as the official handbook is concerned however individual clubs can restrict ammo if they so choose. So it is subject to the clubs discretion but I cannot imagine a refusal to a competitor using reloads (unless they were unsafe loads).

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Yes a club may restrict ammo however,ANY club who holds "sactioned" ATA shoots must hold the competition in accordance with "ALL" ATA rules. A club may "NOT" preempt the ATA rules with their own on ammo(or other rules). If they do they risk losing the right to hold ATA shoots. I saw this once regarding an semi-auto in doubles. Club said NO autos for doubles. ATA said OK, then "NO" ATA shoots. The guy shot his auto from then on.

6. JWS

JWS Member

You might want to make sure of what your state SCTP Director requires.
    Although not an ATA rule some state SCTP Director Programs may require new shells for their state championship but anyone going to the Grand for SCTP National Championship can shoot reloads.