1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Screwing up gun value ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I have a very collectible Rem 3200 live bird gun. The gun is all original. If I converted it from pull/pull to release /pull. How much value would be lost.

Phil Berkowitz

2. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

If your gonna shoot it None,the lost value would be letting in sit in a display case.Jerry

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

None since you can always convert back to pull/pull.
    Joe

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The trigger conversion won't hurt the gun's value because it is reversible but - if you are going to the trouble of the trigger conversion that tells me you intend to shoot the gun and probably shoot it alot. This will decrease the gun's resale value.

My spin on nice guns is that they are still meant to be used. To me the value is in how much fun I get to have shooting a nice gun. I can admire all the nice guns I want for free but ownership gives me the right to really enjoy a nice gun by shooting it.

5. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Phil,

That gun is too pretty to shoot. Sun would reflect off it and you would not be able to hit anything. I wonder about the Infinity, HhhMmmm.

Are you going to shoot the Fall Championship Shoot at the Silver Dollar? If so, I will see you there. Marc

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Phil. You know the answer. I suspect you would like validation. You have mine

7. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Be careful! I have a timmey release pull in mine and I can't shoot it, I have been told by at least three (good triggersmiths) that the 3200 must be released too far to set the second shot that many shooters have problems, as I do. Just sayen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.