1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

screwed by statefarm

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by torqueman, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. torqueman

torqueman Member

POWER SURGE AT HOUSE TOOK OUT 2k in electronic plasmatv garage door opener,lap top ect . state farm pro rated everything and wants to give me $98 after deductable . never had a claim or accident 26years Looking for new company eney referals? Thanks JOE

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

They're all about the same. I had to accept an offer $3,000 below what I could replace my wife's totaled Grand Am GT for after another driver rear-ended it a few years ago. The Pennsylvania Insurance Commission supported Donegal Mutual's valuation of the car but as a used vehicle buyer for a dealership, I couldn't even buy one at auction for that.

Insurance is a necessary evil and the insurance companies know that. State Farm raised our homeowner's premium and our deductible from $500 to $1,000 after we submitted an $1,800 claim six years ago and still won't sell us anything lower. I recently tried to find equal coverage for less and couldn't. In fact, I couldn't even find a premium EQUAL to State Farm's, so I stayed with them.

Ed

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Sue them, I did and won a considerable amount of money from one insurance company for fraud. You can win against insurance companies. They often mislead you in there policies and contracts. Need a good insurance attorney I got one. Home, car, life insurance etc.

4. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Try Amica.. I get a dividend check back every year in the amount of 350-400 on a 1600.00 homeowners policy. And that is a replacement cost policy.

Doug

5. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Did you have replacement cost insurance? If not, why would you expect to be compensated on anything more than depreciated value. The $98 figure doesn't mean anything since you neglected to identify the deductible. I really don't know what your complaint is about.

6. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Try Amica.. I get a dividend check back every year in the amount of 350-400 on a 1600.00 homeowners policy.

Doug

7. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Why did you have an actual cash value policy?

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Amazing, the OP would be praising State Farm from the rooftops if they they paid him full new replacement value.

Eric

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You'll find State Farm to be one of the best all around insurance companies. I have had them for 25+ years. I have compared prices with many other companies over the years and none compare in my eyes. That doesn't mean they won't screw you and smile while doing it. They all do. I wouldn't give up on them yet. Do research and you'll find similar stories with all.

10. smsnyder

I hate insurance companies. My friend just had his truck hit in the back while parked. Both front and back bumper was damage due to truck being pushed into a post. Insurance company would only pay for back bumper repair. A bunch of bull.

11. smsnyder

Buying insurance contact a lawyer first. Had a mirror blow off my wall it and knocked off a very expensive bronze statue from the table. Insurance did not want to cover it even though I had all items in home covered against damage . Beware

12. smsnyder

Mixer most people don,t understand insurance and policies. And they like it that way. Guess what it often don,t stand up in court. if you fill ripped off challenge them.

13. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Those stories all sound like bull to me. A truck with damage on both ends and they don't wan to pay for half? The only way I seethat bein true is if the vehicle already had front end damage.

14. torqueman

torqueman Member

I work in the auto industry I see it everyday people having cars fixed and the insurance companys want to use china or used parts to repair there cars some people dont know eneny better and get a half ass job others complain and get the job done right!

15. jimsw

jimsw Member

If you are retired or current military or a dependent of someone in the military forget all other insurance companies. Go to USAA probably the best and strongest property and casualty insurer in the US.

Your dependents also qualify. My son is a dependent checked with GEICO to see what they could do. When he said is insurance was with USAA the answer was, "we can't help you".

All of this is possible because I was a USMC officer 50+ years ago.

16. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Well the other half of this story would include your deductable and how old said electronics were.

17. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto John Galt and I'll second looking into USAA - but only if you can make a connection with the military or the family member of one in or had been in the military......breakemall

18. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

Cars and house insured through Auto-Owners. I've had seven car-deer accidents in my driving career and AO always pays promptly and in full with no raise in rates and no hassles with the body shop. Tried to get cheaper insurance through GEICO whose ads say they could save me 15%. Quote was double what I was paying to Auto-Owners. Try AO

19. vhntr1

vhntr1 Member

Been dealing with state farm in NW Ohio on hail damage clames for customers they suck they want you to do jobs at the price we were getting 5 years ago !!!

20. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Used to have State Farm until I was rear ended by another State farm customer ... they did their best to screw us out of our claims.

We now have everything insured through AAA (Automobile Club) ... never a problem!

Had a storm take off the shingles off one side of my roof and also the patio cover. I had the contractor there when the adjuster showed up. He asked the contractor how much he was going to charge ... and wrote a check right on the spot!

2 accidents one was my van was side swiped and put a double crease down the whole length of the passenger side, the other my wife cut the corner too sharp and wrecked her door and fender ... neither cost me a dime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.