1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCREWED AT KENTUCKY STATE SHOOT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tjack, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tjack

Tjack TS Member

I was thinking about shooting the Ky State this year but in the last two weeks I've ran into 4 different people, at different clubs, who advised me not to, because they were never paid from shoots they won there over the years. I also was told some other horror stories about that place. Has anyone else out there ever been screwed at Kentucky state before? If so I would like to hear from you.

2. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I do not know where you got your information but I have shot there for many years and this is the first time I have ever seen anyone post something like this . I have never heard anything like this and I have friends who " play the Money".

Charlie Becknell
    Lexington, KY

3. missed some

missed some TS Member

have never heard any shoot that was registered NOT pay money owed.

4. Tjack

Tjack TS Member

Then you guys need to talk to Carl Hopkins, John Romes,Jim Clos,Dean Sawyer just to name a few.

5. BAMA

BAMA TS Member

Now don't you think that if the Ky state shoot had a rep for screwing the shooters there would have been tons of threads about the subject plus the ATA jumping dead in the middle. I have to admit that I'm surprised and disappointed that anyone would even have to ask.

Bama

6. Tjack

Tjack TS Member

No I aint worried about a bunch. I ain't won anything since. I can't even win a ten bird. I feel sorry for those guys that bought me at the Ohio state last year. I couldn't see the birds up there. I just thought I'd go see what Kentucky was all about but I hear stories about people not getting there money and people not getting to shoot and they would not give them there money back and all kinds of crazy stuff. Makes me wonder if I should go or not.

7. Tjack

Tjack TS Member

After shootin around this area, I wouldn't know how to shoot a target that was set right. All though Harrison Indiana gun club throws a pretty nice target.

8. Tjack

Tjack TS Member

Come on guys now's your chance to tell your stories about why you won't ever shoot there again. I hear'em all the time. Now's your chance to vent.

9. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

tjack,

sign your name and give just a little reason to believe you.I have been Delegate for 5 yrs. and on the board many years before then and I know of no on that has been not paid.We will have a good shoot.

Terry Dean
    Ky. Delegate

10. Tjack

Tjack TS Member

Well then if that's true I guess I'll just have to come down there and see for myself and shake some of that money from that money tree.

Tim Jack.

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

tjack35313 the thing I find very interesting you use names of people you claim said these things to you but you don't sign your own name. I don't believe your post has any credibility just DoDo in the wind.

Bob Lawless

12. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

We welcome everyone to the Kentucky State shoot, we have a fair draw system for the banks and everyone is treated equal.

Hope see a lot of you next week, I'll be behind the classification desk.

Terry Dean

13. bas

bas Member

This is so typical...KY is a great state shoot and a great venue. I wish I was going.

Hi Bama....drop me a line....

14. Tjack

Tjack TS Member

Mr Lawless, My nane is Tim Jack.thus tjack35313. Trust me I'm just repeating the stories I've been told and I sure would not use there names if it was not true. Carl Hopkins told me today to tell his story. He's an older guy and doesn't own a computer. If your from around Northern Ky I'm sure you know him and some of the Others I've mentioned. They will all be more than happy to tell you just what they told me.

15. JPBROWN

JPBROWN TS Member

I was never beat out of money but did see them refigure the Lewis 3 times. This was in the early 90's.

16. barker2008

barker2008 TS Member

i have shoot at many places and the Ky state is one of the best that i have shoot. great background, great people, great targets... i am yet to see one person that has went that doesn't like it and wants to come back. Barker

17. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

1. If the Kentucky State Shoot failed to pay the ATA would have heard about it.

2. In the last 20 years at least, the ATA hasn't heard anything.

3. Therefore it is safe to say that they pay. There will still be people who wish they had won something and over time this can change to should have won something.

Neil

18. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have shot at Kentucky many times. It is one of my favorite places to shot.
    Tjack- it might be possible the people you mentioned intended to say that Kentucky has a reputation for not paying shooters who did not win any money. Many other clubs have the same policy.

Pat Ireland

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Touche', Pat. You beat me to the punch and formed it well.

HM

20. aa27zz

aa27zz TS Member

Tim Jack

Go to the ATA website and check Shooter Information Center. Three of the names you mentioned are listed there.

You can learn a lot there.

KY State is one of the best!

Sam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dean sawyers trap shooter