1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Screw Comerica Bank!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by fdiesel, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

I would just like to let anyone who is currently or contemplating doing any banking business with Comerica Bank in on a very unpleasant experience that has soured my relationship with them.

On 12/28/07, I was on my way out of town and had a rather large check that needed to be deposited. Maybe it was my mistake but I signed the check and put it in the ATM @ about 7:00am. I then left out of town on a well in advanced planned vacation.

On 12/29/07 I attempted to use my Comerica Visa Check Card and it was declined. I called the bank and they told me that my card had been closed and my account was frozen. I was told by the representative that it was due to my deposit. I was now out of town with merely the cash I had in my pocket. I immediately rushed home and after a six hour drive I went into the first branch I could find. I was informed that because the check was so large that they thought it might have been fraud. My argument to them was so what, do what you do as far as verifying the check I understand that part, however that check had nothing to do with the rest of the money I had in the account or my Visa check Card. I can only withdraw or make a purchase using the funds I have in my account, and if you haven't released the funds from the check I couldn't withdraw them anyway.

They have royally screwed my vacation plans not to mention the fact that my employer has roughly $200 million in an account with them and my payroll directly deposits into my account in the same bank and has done so for the last 8 years. I am going to let our financial operations know as well.

The agent went on to tell me that the bank will be holding my funds until the finish verifying the check and gave me a tentative date of 01/11/08 before my account will be freed of these actions. This is BULL and I'm not sure what kind of actions I can take but this is intolerable!

I JUST WANTED MY FELLOW TRAPSHOOTERS TO KNOW HOW THIS BANK DOES IT'S PATRONS SO THAT HOPEFULLY NO ONE ELSE GETS SCREWED LIKE ME!

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yeah, and that toaster that I got from them was a piece of $hit.

Tron

3. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Typical bank!! I use a credit union now. I made a car payment to wells fargo online and they give you a confirmation # showing that it was paid and recieved. 6 days later I got 7 phone calls from them in 1 day saying our payment was late. I told them I had a conf. # and it showed being paid on our account, They said to bad its not showing on our system yet. Just a bunch of snotty ass holes. I went in the next day and closed all 3 of my accounts and went to the credit union and refinanced both my cars thru them. I got all kinds of calls and letters apologizing and wanting me to reopen my accounts, I dont think so!!!!

4. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

I think I may very well end up at a credit union because if this is how it is across the board, I don't want any other dealings with a bank. It will either be a credit union or in the safe and everyone will get paid with money orders. I am at that point!

5. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Sounds like National City Bank. They love to take there customers for a ride.

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what the Tron said!

7. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Find a credit union. Some of htem are getting large and a lot like regular banks, but they tend to listen better. My daughter had an $11,000 check from my mother. We needed the money in a couple of days so we went in and told them the situation. They looked at my account (I have been there 28 years) and said that we could have the money now if we needed it. Their credit card offers suck like all the rest, though.

Mike

8. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many businesses are getting out of that make the customer feel counted and appreciated concept that it is unreal. Especially when you screw someone and you don't have to.

What is the name of that credit union?

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

I guess I have been lucky. I have not had any problems with the banks I deal with. Why might a credit union give better service than a bank? I would think that either could make a mistake. I am waiting for the banks to hire illegal Mexicans on the teller line. That could change my position.

Pat Ireland

10. nipper

nipper TS Member

Credit Unions are by far the better way to bank. Loan rates are generally less as well.

Bill

11. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

FDIC - Division of Compliance & Consumer Affairs - (877) 275-3342
    The agents at this number can respond to or refer all inquiries - deposit
    insurance coverage, open bank complaints, closed bank questions (lien
    releases, etc) E-mail: consumer@fdic.gov.

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency - Customer Assistance Group - 800-613-6743
    1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3710
    Houston, Texas 77010

Contact these agencies and then tell your bank you have filed a complaint.

12. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Been banking with a credit union for at least 25 years and never regretted it.

Hauxfan!

13. GRR

GRR TS Member

Most banks are owned by laywers, that tells you something. Laywers,that is the only profession that has a license to steal.

Credit Unions are owned by the members.....Thats why a few years ago the laywers tried to get rid of cu's.

A while back the banks got in trouble stealing our money and the laywer/lawmaker let the tax payer bail them out.

Banker, laywer, lawmaker What a great target they would make.

14. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I delt with the same bank for almost 30 years. I had an account where I had some mutual funds and stocks and I bought and sold them thru this bank. One day last year about now I went to sell some of the funds and was going to actually trade is all I wanted to do. The new person in charge of that office told me she had to get ready for her trip and had to go home and wouldn't be back for two weeks. I told her it would be just a couple of clicks of the mouse on her computer and she told me that she didn't have the time. As I was fuming and talking to another employee I observed this gal spend thirty minutes of the phone before she left the bank. I closed all of my accounts and moved them to another facility. Hey' they are there to serve us not hold our money for ransom. Dan

15. tburrey

tburrey Member

I was President of a couple of credit unions for almost 40 years until I retired five years ago. As one viewer mentioned credit unions are owned by their members and the boards are volunteers elected by their members. Our sole purpose was to provide quality low cost services to our members. I personally talked with many members over the years and made exceptions many times to help members through unusual problems that I'm sure would of went on deaf ears at a bank. I do believe the super large credit unions are having a more difficult time providing that personal service to members but I know that my door was always open to any member who had any issues that needed to be taken care of. I started in a million dollar credit union and finished with one 50 times that size but I never got away from the original credit union philosphy of service to members. Tom

16. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

my old credit unions (2) both tried to pork me when they thought they had me in a hard spot. I couldn't understand when I had a weekly savings taken out and a balance greater than the ammount I wanted to borrow, why they would not give me a competitive rate. Both places. The one offered to refinance my recently negotiated car loan when I got a layoff notice for a couple of points higher interest and a big hook for the paperwork. Way more than our local bank.

17. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tron et al --what brand of toaster?

happy new years

Gene

18. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Not unusual at any Bank. Banks are in my view using legal extorsion methods. Cashing a payroll check is now impossible anywhere unless you have an account. To get any kind of minimal charges you have to have direct deposit. That fine print that says Funds may not be available for immediate withdrawl is more now than ever.

A friend of mine recently sold a very expensive car to a very famous person. He took a personal check,deposited it into his account. His comments to me were, I dont think they floated it more than two weeks.

We are heading for or already in a cashless society

Happy New Year anyway Gerald

19. phirel

phirel TS Member

GRR- Most banks are not owned by lawyers. They are owned by shareholders.
    Are Credit Unions covered by FDIC? I do not know a lot about Credit Unions and would like to learn a little more.

If anyone is very unhappy with their bank and they live in an area served by Carter Bank and Trust, I suggest they use that bank. The value of my stock might go up.

Pat Ireland

20. smartass

smartass TS Member

Gosh I must be in the minority because I think my bank is great- it's USAA FSB. Yes, credit unions are owned by their members, but banks are owned by their shareholders- not a lot of difference. The big difference between the 2 is that banks pay taxes and credit unions don't. With lower operating expenses, credit unions can afford lower loan rates, which they might or might not offer.

IMO, lumping all banks or credit unions together and drawing conclusions is downright ignorant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.